25: The 'Rents Finally Arrive

Chapter Twenty Five: The 'Rents Finally Arrive

Kieran

It was noon.

The sun was overhead.

Somewhere, anyways.

It was a misty, gray day. Drippy and dark.

Practically freezing.

Perfect.

Thank the Lady we didn't have a strange random warm Autumn day, which seemed to occur in Montana occasionally.

The last thing I'd need is to be hot and bothered when all of the ruling Alphas and Lunas are here.

Cause that sure would be a memorable first moment. Meeting with their potential Keystone Luna. Dry humping every boy I see.

Nope. It was cold. And I felt chilly inside and out.

This morning was a mess.

James.

James had to freaking complicate everything by being such a dick.

I don't know why I was surprised.

But I was.

With me, he was ... I felt cared for, loved. We'd gotten to know each other so much better those few times talking in bed. More than just the very strong physical connection between us. And the connection between us was something powerful. Truly.

I liked him.

I felt good around him. Things felt different with him, than with the other alphas. He challenged me, made me stand up for myself and my friends, and made me feel confident. I didn't feel like a puny little omega around James.

We rubbed each other (sorry) the wrong way a lot of the times, but still...that was good in a way too. It felt real. Nothing strangely perfect. Dirty and messy in balance with sweet moments.

I hope he really heard me. I hope right now he's thinking beyond his superficial chauvinistic, homophobic intolerance. I hope I was right that those were truly shallow beliefs, and not core values.

Because I wouldn't mate with someone like that, who hurt people that way without a thought or a care.

I won't do it.

The Oracle rounded the corner and collected me to his side. "Let's just get this out of the way, Kieran. Your Great Aunt will be down in a second. We just stand in front of the school, I'll introduce you to everyone, we shake everyone's hands. No big deal. Just smile and nod."

No big deal, he says.

My friends were setting up in the science room, James was off trying to become a decent person. Parker was avoiding me like Covid, which I kind of appreciated because I honestly don't want to talk to him. Kai and Dylan were helping Coach organize the feats of strength competition or whatever thing Nadia House had planned to impress parents. Remmy was never around. That left...

Will showed up, just as I thought of him.

I walked a little unsteadily towards him, the Oracle staring off into the distance, which usually meant he was communicating with his inner wolf, or our Goddess. My former roommate smiled and took both of my hands, attempting to look reassuring. But it didn't help the butterflies doing aikido in my stomach.

"I'm pretty scared," I said flatly.

"I know."

"I'm not used to meeting people like this. I want to throw up."