Chapter 23: I Love You

I stood in the bus parking lot, looking at Cameron through my teary-eyed vision.

"What's taking you so long to leave?" Cameron snapped and threw me off guard.

"My flight doesn't leave until tomorrow." My tears fell gently.

"I don't care, I just want you away from me." His words full of disgust.

"I didn't do anything." I argued back.

"Stop lying! That's all you fucking do is lie. I'm tired of it, you've lied about everything and I think it's best if you leave today." He yelled.

"Cameron, I'm not lying!" My cries were heavy, "I'm not lying to you! Why do you not believe me? I would never do something like this and hurt you." I gasped for air, "You mean the world to me, why would I ruin this between us?"

There was a silence, the other guys now showing up. They were all confused as to what was going on.

I looked around to everyone and I cried harder, "Goodbye guys." The words hurt my heart. "I am so blessed I got to meet you all, but things aren't going to work out." I wiped my tears, even though it didn't help.

"Cameron? Kade? Nash? What the hell is going on?" Matthew asked, his voice sounded annoyed, "You guys-"

"Kade's leaving." Nash interrupted and kept it short.

Hayes looked at me, "Why?"

"Because he's not welcome with us anymore. He made a really big mistake, and he needs to live with it." Cameron spoke as if I weren't standing right in front of him.

"What?" He asked, confused, "What happened?"

Nash looked at me and then to his brother, "He cheated on Cameron."

I just love this. Cameron, my boyfriend, or ex, or whatever, and his best friend, Nash, are trying to get everyone to hate me. They're talking about me like a dog, and making me feel like less of a person when I didn't do anything. I would never cheat on Cameron, nor think of hurting him.

"I doubt that." Hayes said, defending me.

"Yeah." Matthew agreed, "Kade wouldn't do that. I know for a fact."

"Well, He did!" Cameron was getting angry,I feel like there is something in the back of his head telling him that he was wrong, but for some reason he doesn't want to believe it.

"Do you not want to be with me?" I asked, I was so hurt, "I know there is something telling you, I didn't cheat, in the back of your mind, but you're pushing it away."

Nothing was said, "I didn't cheat on you. I swear my life on it, but if you don't want to be with me, tell me. Tell me that you don't ever want to see me again. Tell me that I mean nothing to you. Tell me that you hate me, and that I was the worst thing that has ever happened to you. Tell me I am nothing." I cried harder, and Cameron looked into my eyes.

"I don't hate you." He said, "But I want you to leave."

"You're a dick." Hayes walked towards Cameron.

"Hayes stop." I walked in between the two, so he would try and hit him.

"Why? He's making you cry, he just broke your heart. Stop sticking up for him!" Hayes shouted.

"I can't. I can't stop sticking up for him." I looked down in shame, but I caught Cameron's attention.

"Why? Why can't you stop?" Hayes asked, fed up with the way Cameron is treating me.

"Because.." I didn't finish my sentence. I just turned away, walked back to the bus, grabbed my bags, called a cab, and I left.

It wasn't like anyone tried to stop me.