Grown Up

The Bellas had just arrived to their semi-annual reunion. This year it was in Cancun, so the trip was a little more spendy than usual. Most of the women decided to get double rooms to save some money, and that's what Beca and Chloe did. 

"I'm so excited, Becs!" Chloe exclaimed as they headed to their room.

"Me too, except I can already feel myself burning," Beca teased as she unlocked the door.

"Oooh Chlo, look at this view!" The brunette exclaimed, running to the balcony.

"Shit Beca, I think they messed up our room," Chloe said, ignoring Beca's previous comment.

"Why, what's up?" Beca asked, returning to the room.

Chloe scanned the room as if Beca would pick up on the issue. Beca just stared at the redhead, still unsure of the problem.

"They only gave us one bed. We were supposed to have two," Chloe said with a blank face.

"That's the issue? We practically shared a bed for six years, Chloe," Beca said.

"That was college," Chloe said.

"Plus the two years in our apartment after college," Beca added.

"We're almost thirty now, Beca. Don't you think it's a little... childish?" Chloe asked.

"Who are you and what did you do with my best friend Chloe?" Beca asked, trying to keep it lighthearted. 

She genuinely couldn't understand why Chloe would have a problem with sharing a bed though. All throughout college she practically begged to cuddle up in Beca's twin bed every night. She found every excuse possible to end up sleeping tucked right into Beca's chest. Even when they graduated and moved to an apartment, Chloe never bothered getting her own bed. She decided it was "easier" to just sleep in Beca's. 

"I'll try to get a new room, or maybe they can bring me a cot," Chloe said.

Beca scoffed with a sort of judgmental smirk.

"I'll be down by the water," She said before leaving the room abruptly.

She didn't even take the time to change into a swimsuit or sandals. She was more pissed than she'd like to admit, and at first she didn't know why. Then it hit her; she had been feeling distant from Chloe ever since Chicago came into the picture, and this was just another effect of that. Beca hated Chloe's boyfriend Chicago because of the way he changed Chloe. She didn't know how, but she knew this whole bed situation was somehow related to him.

A few hours later, Beca headed back to the room. The sun had set, and she didn't want to be out on the beach alone at night.

As Beca approached the door, she could hear giggling from inside. She couldn't help but smile a bit knowing all of her best friends were together again. She assumed they were all hanging out discussing the plans for this week in her and Chloe's room. When she opened the door though, that's not what was found.

Instead, Chloe and Aubrey were cuddled up under the covers of the bed. The bed that Chloe refused to share with Beca. Chloe's head was tucked under Aubrey's armpit, laying right on her chest. They had the blanket all tucked around them like a little cocoon while they watched a movie.

Her face dropped.

"Beca how do you already have that moody look on your face when we've only been here for 3 hours?" Aubrey asked jokingly.

"I'm not moody." Beca said.

Despite Beca's claim, Chloe knew she was in a mad mood. She could always tell what Beca was feeling, and the brunette hated it. With one scan of Beca's face, Chloe deciphered her emotions.