Realization pt. 2

@PlsWSEver requested a part two... so here it is! Enjoy! (sorry for the Jesse slander in this, I love his actual character lol)

It had been two weeks since Beca and Chloe got together, and their relationship of being more than friends was going great. At least it was until Jesse found out.

Jesse and Beca had also continued to see each other, but Beca maintained a strictly-friends boundary with him. Tonight they got pizza and brought it back to Beca's dorm room.

"Root beer was a good call, Becs," Jesse said before taking another bite of pizza.

"It was, but I drank it so fast I really gotta pee!" Beca said as she stood up.

She headed down the hall to the communal bathroom, leaving Jesse alone in her room. To Beca's worst luck, her phone began blowing up with messages as soon as she left. It was sitting on the ground right next to Jesse, and he couldn't help but glance at the notifications.

6 Unread Messages From Chloe:

*Becaaaaaaaa*

*R U free tonight?!?!??*

*I miss you loads*

*Please tell me ur not off somewhere kissing Jesse...*

*JK but actually can you come over*

*I need you with me love ;)*

Jesse was fuming after reading the texts. Not only was she pretty much making fun of him, there was clearly something going on between Beca and Chloe that he didn't know about.

When Beca got back in the room, she could already tell Jesse's mood had shifted. She just didn't understand why.

"Hey, what's up?" Beca asked, sitting back in her spot.

"You've got some texts," Jesse said in a deadpan voice.

Beca reached for her phone to reveal the string of texts from Chloe. She knew Jesse saw them, so she had to think fast for a cover up.

"Oh, just Chlo being annoying as usual. I'll let her know I'm busy!" Beca said, trying to be as nonchalant as possible.

"I think you skipped over some parts," Jesse replied.

"Jess, can we just drop it? So she's being a little extra affectionate, who cares?" Beca said.

"I care! Don't tell me you haven't noticed my attempts of getting out of the friend-zone with you," Jesse said.

"So just because you want to be more than friends means I have to be on board?" Beca asked, raising her voice slightly.

"Oh my god I didn't say that. I just think it's crazy that you're playing it off like this when you know how I feel," Jesse explained.

"Jess-"

"No. We both know Chloe never used to text you like that. Tell me the truth about you guys," Jesse demanded.

"Fine! Me and Chloe have been hanging out as more than friends for the past couple weeks. It's not something I thought you'd need to know," Beca said.

"You know you're nothing more than a hookup to her, right?" Jesse said.

"You're being a dick," Beca said.

"No, I'm being realistic. She managed to gain a pretty big reputation at Barden for being an easy one night stand," Jesse continued.

The way he spoke about Chloe was disgusting, and Beca couldn't take it much longer.

"Jesse, shut up! Chloe is an amazing person, and you don't get to have a say in her love life," Beca said.