Chapter 8: Sabotage.

Who rang the doorbell? The first question that came to Clara's mind, there was no reason for someone other than herself and potentially neighbors to be showing up at the Witwicky's house at this time at night. This wasn't feeling right, Clara felt like her stomach was twisting with anxiety. If someone else was here, there was no doubt in her mind that Optimus and Mirage got the autobots out of there. They wouldn't be exposed, yet. She could hear Ron's footsteps and the sound of him opening the door as Clara took a shaky and anxious breath, swallowing hard and sharing a look with the two kids. "Ronald Wickety?" a voice of a man asked, completely butchering Ron's name. She didn't recognize the voice, so she knew it wasn't someone she knew.

"Fuck...this is bad," Clara whispered with a breath to herself.

"It's Witwicky." Ron corrected the man at the door. "Who are you?" He demanded.

"We're the government. Sector Seven." the man informed him and Clara frowned with furrowed brows. What the hell was sector seven? If her mom knew about that place, she definitely would've said so.

"Never heard of it," Ron replied confused.

"Never will." the man stated before asking Ron. "Your son's the great-grandson of Captain Archibald Wickity, is he not?" Now Clara was rolling her eyes, how can someone mess up the last name of a person they clearly know about twice?

"It's Witwicky," Ron repeated with some annoyance this time.

"Is there a Doctor Clara Grey here?" He questioned Ron who looked at him confused, Clara cursed quietly at the mention of her name. If they knew who she was, her mother could be in trouble.

"I-What?" He blinked confused when the man stepped further into the house and looked down at Ron.

"May I enter the premises, sir?" He inquired, the doctor tensing at his inquiry. They were going to be in here.

"Ron, there's guys all over the front yard," Judy called out and Clara closed her eyes with a sigh, there was no way they weren't here looking for the autobots.

"Sam, you gotta pocket those glasses away. Hide them." Clara ordered the teenager, he and Mikaela feeling as tense as Clara.

"You hold onto them." Sam suddenly said which made Clara's brows furrow and Mikaela frowned confused. "I have no idea who these guys are but I think they're more likely to search me not you. They mentioned my great grandfather." He said hushedly and Clara took a deep breath, rubbing a hand down the side of her face.

"Okay, yeah, fair point." Clara nodded, Sam handing the glasses over as Clara took them and tucked them into an interior pocket of her jacket that she zipped up.

"What the heck is going on here?" Ron questioned with a frown as more of the men in suits stepped into the house.

"Your son filed a stolen car report last night. We think it's involved in a national security matter." the man explained and Clara bit the inside of her cheek, she had no idea what Sam said in the report. She was never told, but whatever it was clearly set these guys' alarm bells off about the autobots.

"National security?" Ron scoffed flabbergasted.

"They're ripping up my rose bushes!" Judy gasped angrily.

"That's right. National security." the man nodded.

"My God, Ron, they're everywhere! There's guys in suits all around the house! Look at this!" Judy shouted and Clara grimaced as the loud voices echoed around. Oh, yeah, they were pissed.

"Could you stay off the grass?" Ron yelled at the men outside.

"Get me a sample and some isotope readings." the man called back to someone and Clara genuinely didn't know what to do at this point. This clearly had to be some sort of government organization aware of the cybertronian existence.