8 | ◊ 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 ◊

Thank you for 22k views ❤️

❝ In the quiet shadows of uncertainty, I hesitated to unveil the mysteries beyond the door

In the quiet shadows of uncertainty, I hesitated to unveil the mysteries beyond the door. But when you venture into the unknown, something inside you ignites and burns the darkness with the light of revelation.❤

• YUVIKA •

I was sitting alone in the dark living room, watching TV. The show wasn't great, but it kept me company in the quiet house. I was used to this routine.

Avyaana came in for a bit, but she's always busy with her job as a surgeon, just like Viraj is with his work. I'm proud of her, but it means we don't spend much time together.

As I watched a couple getting married on TV, Meher burst in, full of energy. She was shocked by what she saw.

"Oh God! Is she getting married again? Wasn't she engaged to someone else? And wait, it's her third wedding?"

I nodded, eyes fixed on the unfolding drama. "Yes, to the same person she married twice before," I explained, feeling the couch dip beside me as Meher settled in.

"But didn't he deny she was his wife?" Meher's eyes burned holes into the screen, and a knowing smile crept across my face. "He did, but now he does not want her to marry someone else after their divorce," I explained, eliciting Meher's stunned expression.

"Oh God, I hate him," Meher murmured, her gaze fixed on the television, her emotions dancing across her face.

"Yes, me too," I said, turning down the volume as a commercial broke the fictitious chaos and gave us a brief break from the dramatic events taking place on screen.

"It's so boring here," she murmured, flopping onto the couch and folding her legs. I followed suit, turning to face her.

"I agree," I murmured, absentmindedly playing with the hem of my saree.

"I can't imagine how you live here alone half of the time," she said, lips pressed together.

"I got used to it," I replied, offering a small smile.

Curiosity sparked, I asked, "What do you do?" eager to learn more about her.

She shared, "I'm an MBA graduate. My father wanted me to join our family business, but I wasn't interested. Skipped the internship, too. I wanted to pursue something I love, not a nine-to-five job or just chase money and success, followed by marriage, kids, and eventually, death. I craved something different from my father's expectations. I care less about it all. In the end, I followed my heart and started pursuing photography as a profession. I love it-traveling to unexplored places, going on adventures, and capturing the beauty of the world. It's been six months since I opened my studio, 'Luminous Grace,' and by God's grace, it's doing well." she let and I couldn't help but stare at her in awe.