15 | ◊ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ◊

❝𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐠à𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬❞

• M E H E R •

In that fragile moment, as his words cut through the air and reached the depths of my soul, tears traced the contours of my face Hope, once a gentle flame, now felt like a cruel joke. Yet, amidst the pain, his promise echoed in my ears, a shield against the harshness of the world.

"I'll stand tall against anyone who dares make you cry," he declared, his voice a soothing balm. "No one shall harm you; I won't let a single tear escape from those precious eyes of yours. I won't let anyone bring sorrow to your world."

Without thinking, I did what I really wanted to. I hugged him, feeling him sway a bit as I did. Our bodies moved together, both of us feeling open and close. I rested my head on his shoulder and held his hands. He smelled nice, like warmth and fancy cologne. This hug felt like more than just touching - it was like we were sharing our deepest feelings. I cried a lot, but he stayed steady, like he was protecting me from my emotions.

His hands remained passive, neither reciprocating nor pushing me away. It was then that the realization dawned - I had bared my soul in a simple embrace. Embarrassment crept in as I pulled away, hastily wiping tears with my sleeves.

He looked at me seriously, his eyes meeting mine. In that moment, I saw a side of Rivaan Raghuvanshi Il'd never seen before. He seemed like a different person from who I thought he was. I felt a strong desire to understand him better, to learn more about who he really was deep down. I wanted to get to know the real him.

And then he sat up straight getting up he turned his back towards me and left from the door he entered and I sat gazing at him and then he lone Tears rolled down my eyes seeing him leaving like that.

And I sat on the very new bed and pulled my leg closer to my chest and I closed my eyes and those harsh words of my brother echoed in my ears. the scene played in front of my eyes as I shivered.

•• Flashback ••

As I walked through the familiar corridor of my once-home, a sense of unfamiliarity crept over me, questioning whether it had ever truly been a home. Pushing the door ajar, the living room unfolded before me. My search for my mother' led me to the stairs, guiding me towards my parents' room.

A gentle knock on the door, and my mother's voice granted entry. Inside, a peaceful silence suggested my father and brother weren't around. As I stepped in, my mother, rocking in an armchair with a book, turned her eyes toward the door. Widening with disbelief, tears streamed down her face as she saw me standing at the threshold. Hesitantly, she called my name.