16 | ◊ 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 ◊

Happy New Year, dear readers!✨
Wishing you a year filled with joy,
growth, and endless possibilities

❝𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 , 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 à 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐦𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 ❞

• R I V A A N •

The room was kinda dim, with the early sun trying to sneak in. It felt warm under the blankets, and I was trying hard to stay in my sleep bubble. Mornings aren't my thing, and facing the world is the last thing I want.

Just when I was deep into my sleep, high and annoying, broke the silence.

"Rivaan," it said, ruining the peace.

I turned, hoping it was a dream, but nope. A demand followed.

"Give me the blanket," she said.

Seriously? My blanket?

I grunted, holding onto my cozy fortress, not ready to face the day. The struggle for the blanket got real, and I muttered, "Why is this woman so annoying?"

After a tug of war, she won, making herself comfortable on my side of the bed with my blanket. Her cold legs met mine, and ouch, she was like an ice cube. I gave up, realizing that morning had officially taken over.

I got up, no trace of sleep left, just a messy bed and a sense of annoyance lingering in the air.

Morning 1, Rivaan 0.

There she was, the so-called sleeping beauty, eyes shut, wrapped in my blanket like it was hers all along. Annoyance bubbled up as I remembered the night - her constant tossing and turning, disturbing my peace.

I debated shifting to the left side just to let her sleep without a care, but who was I kidding? It wasn't about having a specific side; it was about annoying her.

Yeah, I admit it, was a petty move.

Now, here I am, irritated beyond measure by her peaceful slumber. If this was a taste of marriage, it needed a warning label or a trailer, so I could've dodged this nightly disturbance. Marriage felt like an unanticipated movie, and right now, I wished I could rewind to the part where I chose a quieter film.

I glanced at her from the corner of my eye. Her doe-like eyes, usually intense, were now closed, Her fair complexion glowed in the sunlight that gently caressed her face, creating an ethereal aura.