25 | ◊ 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ◊

❝ 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥, 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲, 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 �...

❝ 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥, 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲, 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.❞

• Meher •

Each passing minute stretched like an eternity, each breath a shallow whisper against the backdrop of mounting unease. Sweat glistened upon my trembling hands as I sat motionless, a silent observer within the moving confines of the car. Three dark vehicles followed us, a menacing sight in the rearview mirror.

I was on the verge of becoming paranoid, but then I realized that those shadowy figures were actually were Rivaan security. I let go and trusted in the unnoticed watchful eye that followed our every step, feeling a cautious sense of relief.

The convoy was led by the sleek Shivaansh cars, which gilded through the streets with such ease. Viraj Raghuvanshi's entourage trailed closely behind.

The full impact of Raghuvanshi's influence became apparent to me at that moment, amidst the commanding demonstration of power and authority. They controlled an army of devoted followers like a secret empire, their faces hidden from view.

Even the police Jeep followed us closely. I wondered why these brothers needed so much security for the simple reception event.

"Why is there so much security?" I asked Rivaan, who was casually watching something on his iPad until my question caught his attention.

"It's gonna be the biggest event in Udaipur. All the big shots from Hollywood, Bollywood, businessmen, colleagues, friends, everyone connected with the Raghuvanshi family from all over the world will be there," he replied casually, as if it was no big deal.

Anxiety crept over me, twisting my gut as I processed the magnitude of the gathering.As his words finally clicked, a wave of unease swept over me, making me feel small and unimportant in the face of the impending spectacle. The thought of rubbing shoulders with celebrities and high-profile individuals from across the globe filled me with a sense of inadequacy, as if I didn't quite belong in such esteemed company.

My pulse quickened with each passing moment, my mind swirling with insecurities and doubts.

And I remember each and every comment I have read of
pre- wedding post.

"She's not even famous! What does he see in her?"

" I bet she is pregnant with his child "

"she's just after his money and fame."

"He's going to regret marrying her once he realizes what he's given up."