30 | ◊ 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 ◊

R I V A A N

R I V A A N

The rest of the day, we just cozied up in bed, catching up on some much-needed sleep. Who would've thought we'd be so tired on the first day of our honeymoon, right?

"Yeah, we basically spent the whole day snoozing. And do I. Regret that? No fucking way" I thought, snuggling deeper into the blankets.

Even after a solid eight hours of sleep, I still felt drowsy and exhausted. As I heard a faint noise and felt the gentle breeze fluttering, I squeezed my eyes shut and nuzzled into the pillow.

Suddenly, I felt the pillow tighten its arms around me, and I instinctively held onto it tighter. It felt so soft and cozy. I even draped one leg over it, and it seemed to snuggle me back even more. That's when I felt something licking my neck, and I realized it wasn't a pillow at all.

"Was that , Viru?" I half-mumbled, still in that dreamy half-awake state.

“ Viru isn't with you on your honeymoon” I heard my subconscious saying.

But then, the pillow seemed to tighten around me, almost squeezing the air out of me. I snapped my eyes open, and there it was, a scene straight out of one of those cheesy soap operas by Ekta Kapoor.

There she was, Meher, in my arms, just like in those post-wedding cuddle scenes. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of my life feeling like a Bollywood movie.

Meher clung to me like I was her lifeline, and I didn't mind one bit. It felt like pure bliss, her arms around me, her lips softly grazing the crook of my neck, and our legs tangled together like inseparable threads.

I used to wonder how anyone could find someone beautiful while they were asleep. They usually look like a hot mess, with messy hair and sleepy eyes. But as I looked at Meher, I got my answer.

It wasn't about the beautiful face one admires when their lover is asleep it was never about the beauty. But it was about closeness, intimacy, the rawness of having each other in the arms without hiding beneath any filters or makeup.

The intimacy of having her right there beside me, that made her truly beautiful.  I could see every little detail of her face, the faint scars, the natural glow, the lines of her smile. And it was in those imperfections that found the true essence of her beauty. It wasn't about looking flawless; it was about being real, being vulnerable, and still being utterly captivating.

It was like having the moon right there beside me, so close that its brilliance almost blinded me. Every detail of her face shone like the gentle glow of moonlight, casting a spell of serenity and enchantment.

I couldn't resist reaching out and gently brushing a stray lock of hair away from her face. Meher stirred slightly but didn't wake. I traced the curve of her cheek with just the tips of my fingers, marveling at how soft and warm her skin felt.