27 |◊ 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 ◊

• Y U V I K A •

• Y U V I K A •

The car glided noiselessly along the roads, carrying me on a journey I never intended to take. I couldn't understand why I had agreed to this, knowing deep down it was a mistake. I felt a wave of self-loathing wash over me as I questioned my own judgment. Why had I consented to something so foolish, especially when I knew this woman.

After a long silence, I finally mustered the courage to confront her.

"You lied to me, didn't you?' I said, my gaze meeting hers. She arched an eyebrow, and for a moment, she didn't resemble Abhimaan Raghuvanshi's sister at all. I had seen a picture of my father-in-law, and they looked nothing alike-not even like siblings.

It left me wondering or I Was overthinking things?

I repeated myself, " 'You lied to me, didn't you?"This time.she responded,

" What are you saying, Yuvika?" Her cluelessness amused me. How could she act so oblivious?

With great difficulty, I gathered the courage to confront her about what she had told me the day after my wedding.

" You said Viraj would never approve of me working " I said, struggling to get the words out.

Her response was cutting. " Do you honestly believe Viraj would want you to work in some rundown office, taking orders from someone else, when he's successful and has hundreds of employees when he makes billions? "
she retorted, meeting my gaze without flinching.

" It wasn't your place to make decisions for me. That was Viraj's decision, not yours." I said as she rolled her eyes.

It wasn't even his decision to make.It was My decision

Only If I had the guts to say that to my family To him.

If I only had the guts to stand up for myself.

"I don't know why you're dredging up the past. It's been four years, and you're happy, aren't you? You have everything a woman could want: a billionaire husband, wealth, a luxurious home, even his prestigious name," she remarked, her tone dismissive. I couldn't help but chuckle bitterly.

" Happy? " I echoed, shaking my head.

" What about freedom? About my dream? About my career, my independence? " I said and managed to not shed tears.

"I don't want history to repeat itself, Yuvika. I was afraid Viraj would follow in his father's footsteps. I didn't want that. I know I was selfish, turning a blind eye to you. If I could go back and change things, I wouldn't I wouldn't change a thing. I refuse to let history repeat itself."

"My Viraj has suffered so much. All I ever wanted was to see him happy,," she said, her eyes welling up with tears. I had never seen her cry before; to me, she was always a stoic woman who seemed to only care for herself.