22 | ◊ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐣𝐚𝐧'𝐬 ◊

Happy Valentine's Day to all the ladies reading this instead of going on a date. May you find your fictional dream guy in real life too! ❤️

❝𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐚, 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩❞

• V I R A J •

"I'm tired of holding it all together alone. It's like trying to carry the weight of our marriage on my shoulders, and I can't do it anymore" Her words pierced into my heart and my heart stopped beating as those words echoed in my ears.

I can't do this anymore

I am tired Viraj

Being married to you doesn't mean I lose my freedom!

You don't deserve her.

I'm tired.

I can't do this anymore.

With every second that went by, her sobs in the bathroom grew louder, serving as a constant reminder of the suffering I had brought about. Every fiber of my being longed to rush to her side, to hold her close and whisper words of comfort. But the more I heard her cry, the more my guilt weighed me down, binding me to the spot with an unseen force. I closed my eyes, the knowledge that I had failed her gnawing at me, her anguish ringing in my ears . I failed us.

Lost in the weight of uncertainty, time hung heavy as I sat. After an eternity, the only sound was the unsettling echo of my thoughts. Then, the door creaked open, breaking the suffocating silence. Yet, I couldn't bear to meet her gaze, to confront the pain I had caused, etched in the tears that had fallen from those eyes.

Her tentative and gentle steps approached, I got out of bed with a heavy heart, saying a silent apology under my breath, and changed into my pajamas before withdrawing into the close I sat there, leaning back in the chair, and a sigh escaped my lips. My temples throbbed with the weight of unspoken words and unresolved emotions.

When did it happen? When did we drift so far apart? When did she begin to feel suffocated in our relationship, burdened by its weight? I was oblivious, perhaps too wrapped up in my stoicism to notice her pain. When did I become this man who spewed nonsense when anger consumed him? When did the hollowness settle in?

' Was she even happy at one moment with me? ' I questioned myself

" As if you have given her a moment to be happy about " I heard my subconscious voice. My head throbbed.