39 | 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

• YUVIKA •

I have been to Jaipur many times for weddings, anniversary parties, and events. But I have never been to Jaipur just for a small vacation or to explore the city. I have seen everything from inside the car's tinted windows but never stood there admiring the architecture of anything in that city. Now I am here exploring everything I wanted to, and it feels like a dream in this pink city.

"Where are we going, Viraj?" I asked as I looked around the market and the narrow lanes, but he just gave me a look that said, 'You'll know when you get there.'

We have been out since the morning, and we explored half of the city, saw all the places and ancient historical sites. Now we were out shopping,. His bodyguard held a big umbrella over our heads to protect us from the sun. Two bodyguards were behind us, and two were in front of us. People stared at us. Some of them took pictures. My hand was tightly held in his grip.After walking we reached an old grand building with beautiful carvings on the outside.

It was the iconic Gem Palace, an ancient jewelry store that had been there for 106 years. As we approached, the owner and his staff welcomed us warmly, greeting Viraj respectfully.

"Welcome, welcome," the owner said, smiling happily.

"It's an honor to have you here, hukum sa."

We stepped inside, and I was amazed by the beautiful surroundings. The store was truly stunning, with fancy decorations and incredible jewelry displays. Everywhere I looked, I saw sparkling diamonds, shining gold, and bright colorful gemstones of every kind.

In the center of the room was a massive glass case, showcasing the store's most prized pieces – a collection of gorgeous necklaces, earrings, and bracelets that looked like they were crafted by skilled artisans from long ago.

"show some of your best jewelry pieces for my wife " Viraj uttered and I glanced at him. The shopkeeper smiled and replied,

"Of course, Mr. Raghuvanshi. Let me bring out our finest jewelry for your Rani sa."

He signaled to his assistants, who carefully opened the large glass case in the center of the room. They started taking out trays filled with beautiful necklaces, bangles, and earrings.
The shopkeeper picked up an elegant necklace with red rubies and green emeralds.

"This one is a true masterpiece," he said proudly.

"Our skilled workers made it by hand using old designs from ancient temples. Every gemstone is carefully chosen and set by hand." He said

Next, he showed them a pair of fancy bangles covered with diamonds. The shopkeeper continued bringing out one stunning piece after another.

My eyes were immediately drawn to an exquisite choker necklace, its intricate designs sparkling with diamonds. The matching earrings and bracelet were equally breathtaking, forming a stunning set.