29 | ◊ 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 2 ◊

❝𝐖𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝, 𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐬 𝐭o 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐬❞

• V I R A J •

I saw Avyaana hurry down the stairs. I didn't bother acknowledging her presence and quietly walked like a shadow towards the elevator, taking it up to the third floor. The elevator dinged when it reached my floor. I stepped out, unbuttoned my suit jacket, and made my way into the room. The door was wide open, and what I saw inside fueled an unexpected reaction within me.

That vicious creature was lounging on my bed with my wife. His head was resting comfortably on her lap

“ This dog ”. I gritted cursing under my breath. 

Her hands were gently stroking through his fur as she read a book, seemingly unconcerned with his presence on our bed.

"What is he doing in our room?" I asked sternly, finally catching her attention. She glared at me in response.

"Shh, you'll wake my baby," she whispered, protectively.

I looked at her in disbelief, mouth agape.

Her baby?

"He is not your baby," I gritted through clenched teeth as I took a step towards her, causing her to squirm uncomfortably.

"Tell him to get off our bed," I demanded, but her hold on the dog only tightened.

"He's sleeping," she said, and I shot her a stern look.

"I told you he shouldn't even be lounging on the third floor, and you brought him into our room?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes.

"Take him out, or else I'll have to remove him from the mansion myself," I warned, though I didn't truly mean it. But I couldn't bear having that nuisance anywhere near me.

"Khaados," she said firmly, glaring back at me. Getting up, she gently picked up the dog and departed through the door.

I stormed into the closet and gathered fresh sheets, covers, and blankets, determined to rid the space of that creature's scent or hair.

I summoned the housekeepers and instructed them to change the bedding. By the time they finished, Yuvika had returned. She eyed the new indigenous bedsheets and rolled her eyes. I retreated to the closest to freshen up. When I emerged, she was already curled up on her side of the bed.

I made my way to my side, switching off the lamp before settling in. So close, yet so far away, I lay there facing her back. I opened my mouth to speak, but instead, a sneeze escaped. Startled, she looked over at me. As I continued sneezing, I reached for the tissue box on the nearby table. She watched me, her gaze unwavering.