31 | 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤

❝𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞❞

RIVAAN

The moon was a radiant orb in the velvety Costa Rica night sky, casting a soft glow over everything. Meher's hand was intertwined with mine as we wandered along the secluded path, surrounded by a lush curtain of trees and foliage.

Meher's eyes sparkled like precious gems as she gazed up at me through her long lashes. My heart fluttered wildly in my chest. She looked absolutely ethereal in the moonlight, like a gorgeous forest fairy. A gentle breeze tousled her hair and I reached over to tenderly tuck a stray strand behind her ear.

The night air was alive with the symphony of hidden creatures - chirping insects, rustling leaves, the occasional hoot of an owl. But all I could focus on was the angelic vision beside me. Meher beamed up at me, giving my hand an affectionate squeeze.

"Isn't the moon beautiful today ?" she whispered dreamily.

"It is, " I said without even looking at the moon as my gaze  stuck on her.

" We came to far ” I murmured

“ Who cares as long as we find our way back? ” I heard meher saying and I nodded pulling her towards me and I wrapped my hands around her shoulder and she blushed and I grinned seeing that hue on her blush on her cheeks

“ Is there a lake around here?" Meher asked softly.

I closed my eyes and could hear the faint sound of water droplets falling from up high and gently hitting rock. The soothing trickle of water.

"I think so," I murmured. Meher's eyes lit up with excitement. She squeezed my hand and pulled me along, following the tranquil sound.

We came to an old wooden bridge at the end.In the distance, we could see the water cascading down a beautiful waterfall, but there was no way for us to get closer to the waterfall.

"Wow, it's so pretty," Meher breathed, wrapping her arms around herself.
I noticed her shiver slightly and immediately pulled her towards me. I guided her to stand between my legs as I wrapped my oversized jacket around both of us, zipping it up to enshroud us together. Meher blushed adorably and leaned back against my chest.

All I could think about was how close Meher's body was to mine, making me feel deliciously warm and cozy. Her back pressed against me, I knew she could feel my heart thrumming rhythmically.

Slowly, almost hesitantly, I slid my arms around her , pulling her in even closer. I rested my chin on top of her head, savoring her sweet scent and the feeling

And Thought crossed over me.

“ Were we moving too fast? “

I had been forced into this marriage against my will only a few months ago