3

"Please forgive her."

My father pleaded on his knees making me angry. I took his head trying to stop him. The bastard was enjoying this.

I understood why my father was anxious. The battle of rankings means I have to kill all my brothers and sisters in a battle the higher I go the more respect I get till it's time to be crowned. It's either you win or die no in between and no surrendering unless if your female. Then you cercumb your life to breeding many demons till the day you die.

"Then you know what to do. I want you to say you want me for the rest of your life. Accept me and you shall be free."

He glanced over at my father enjoying this.

"Okay."

"No. I would join the rankings."

The faces of shock from both sides as they turned to me.

"No abby you don't understand you can't do that."

"Father I would protect you. I would make sure to save you from here away from this bastard."

I glared back at the king. His face turned into interest.

"She resembles you. That undying determination in her eyes. Child I hope you know what you said just now means death."

"If it means killing you and saving father I don't care but I have one condition."

"Hahahagaga."

The bastard laughed glaring at me.

"You dare make such claims?"

"As the princess of demons I ask that you release my father from here and send him to a better place."

"And why should i do that?"

"Because he bears the daughter which is aspiring to be king. No one would accept a mere daughter of a lost hero who lives in a cell."

His face turned red with anger before he stopped.

"Very well. I shall assign a better castle for you both and would stop the torturing of you father with monsters but beware. If you die your father would live worse hell."

I nodded.

The king left instantly living us in a putrid room smelling of blood and tears.

"Father."

I turned to my angry father who was in distress holding onto his bare leg. I could tell what he was thinking.

I emitted small rays of light to heal his wound and went to his front. I could see the tears forming in his eyes. He was hurt.

"I am to weak. I... my daughter Abby.."

I held onto him.

"Father. This is the only way out since you lost your powers."

"B..but your only four."

I hugged him more. I could feel the sorrow in his words. But there's one thing that he doesn't know. I only plan by dying by my own father's hands if he feels like it.

"Don't cry. Right now we have to get stronger together. Strong enough to make sure I don't die."

He stared into my eyes. I smiled staring down.

"Father please help me get stronger. I can't do it alone."

I bowed down to him.

"Abby.."

He took me in his arms kissing my bloodied cheek. That was all he did. We stayed like that till it was time to move over.

.....

I could hear the commotion of people.

'A new concubine?'

The noise kept going. But I didn't think that was all to it. The king has many concubine so the noise around a concubine shouldn't be this much unless..

"No."

I stared outside the carriage to see a large mansion up ahead. The building at most. I turned to my father who trembled. I knew it.

"The demon kings mansion."

He had never let anyone in his mansion ever. He only held meeting but usually he meets his concubines in their homes.

"No way."

I should have known he would pull this trick. It's going to be hard for father and I to be at peace with this.

"Welcome."

"Why did you do this?"

I growled holding onto father. I could see the servant's surprised looks.

"I love a good challenge. Also your the daughter of my prisoner I was hoping to give you the best room in the house."

Or to make sure we don't escape. I rolled my eyes watching the bastard move to father who had long removed his trembling self and placed it with his brave self. He glared at the king. Who seemed pleased.

I flinched seeing his clothes adjust tightly.

"Dad. Let's head inside."

I dragged my father away. Disgusting man.

"Father if you like feel free to hit him. He can't do anything to you from here."

And I doubt he would kill him.

My father chuckled taking me in his hands.

"To think my daughter is saying all this."

I winced at his affections then smiled. I loved him so much.

A room so large was shown to us.

"This is your highness room. The princess room is on the side."

Your highness?