34

"So you got married?"

Radues asked as soon as dinner was over. The children were quiet. It was hard for Abby to believe the same kids who made glares at her sat still. Maki stood going towards Radues and pecked him on the cheek.

"I am going to drop the kids in bed. Duke are you staying over? I could prepare a bed for your kids."

The Duke was taken aback from the behaviour but he nodded. He was confused. Was the marriage fake or real.

"Yes please I might stay over today."

Maki nodded. The kids like they understood followed her. Like they knew how stern thier father was but Abby remained.

"Aren't you going to go with them?"

"No."

She said straight up. Radues stared at capri who looked angrily at him. They had thier mask removed as well.

"The adults want to talk."

"Okay?"

"Radues do you discipline your kids?"

Abby got mad a bit glaring at the Duke.

"Abby it's okay. I would be fine."

Abby stared at her father with a pout. She was dismayed.

"Da..d."

He stared at her smiling like she should trust him. She sighed glaring at the man intensely before she dragged her feet up the stairs.

There was silence. Capri glanced at Radues. He was still as beautiful. Thier mask were removed and he was able to take in his face. He looked different from before. He somehow looked better.

"So it's a disguise?

Radues nodded.

"Did you really get married?"

Radues turned his head away and nodded. He couldn't deny it. He was married to maki though it wasn't legal. He had to tell the Duke so nothing could go on with them. He couldn't afford to share his love to someone else. He could not bring himself to trust another person.

The Duke remained silent and the air was heavy.

"Do you...do you still have the ring?"

Radues shook his head. Aaron had taken and destroyed it. But he couldn't tell him that. Capri sighed placing his head on his palms.

"Those are not my kids. I have a brother who was close to me. He died long ago so I am taking care of them in his place."

"Oh I am sorry for your loss."

Radues wanted to ask. Ask why the Duke never tried to save him but he knew the answer they both knew the answer. The Duke loved his work more than anything. He couldn't even be mad.

"I am sorry."

The Duke spoke.

"It's okay. It's not like you can fight the demon king anyways. I don't blame you. But you can understand what I am saying."

It was over. The love they shared. Radues decided to end it there and then. The fantasy he had for the only man who showed him grace but this man would only drag him down. When things came to things. When it would be time to fight.

Capri took a drink from the cup and sighed. There was silence but they both knew they could t go back to how they were. Capri shoved his love down to the bottom of his heart and was faced to a friend. The man who had grown from 6 year prior.

"So how old is she?"

"5. She was born 9 months after the blood moon ball."

"Ahh so she would be turning six soon."

Radues nodded. He smiled.

"I would finally be able to celebrate her birthday away from that torture."

Capri smiled. Radues was beaming at the mention of his daughter. He could see the love he had. For the child. He was jealous but he understood why. Though she was very young she was doing her best to protect him. Something he could never do.

She had the power and mindset. She formulated the plans to escape. Everything so she could see her father happy. Something he never did. He gulped down his sadness and continued listening on to Radues.

"What about your son?"

Radues continued.

"My son doesn't talk much. My wife says he talks a lot when he is with her. Sigh. I would like to talk with him once in a while."

He spoke so softly. Capri smiled.

"It seems he is a mommy's boy and your daughter is a daddy's girl. But how did you end up meeting your wife? And how did you conceive a child if you were under Aaron's rule?"

He expected radues to tremble and try to formulate a lie. Anything to show that Radues wasn't truly married.

"She took care of me. And during the times Aaron was around we ended up love making. Fortunately he took her appearance."

He lied through his teeth. The Duke knew it was a lie. Yet it confirmed everything he wanted to know. It was truly over.

"Why are you here?"

"There are monster along this border. They seem to have increased greatly."

It was not odd for it to happen so it wasn't a huge deal. The Duke stared at Radues.

"So are you going to go back to the kingdom?"

Radues sighed a bit. He had thought about it. But he wasn't ready yet. He didn't have enough strength to go back. He didn't have enough strength for revenge but he would prevail.

"Ia that the reason you sent your daughter to that school?"

He nodded. Capri sighed.

"Radues. You have three bounties on your head."

He finally said it out. Abby ran down the stairs like she had been listening and she had. She didn't trust the Duke. She knew how beautiful her father was. The Duke stared at the child. Beautiful brown skin and long black lashes that complimented her dark curly hair. Her siren eyes with seemed to have a natural eyeliner. Her round face that made her look child like yet beautiful. Yes she was indeed Radues child. Yet her beauty could not compare.oddly enough.

Abby sat on her father's lap glaring at the man. A brave child. Children cried at the sight of him.