28

The problem we had now was time. The perfect time to escape. We had the amulet and the blessings of time to increase power output. Though I was worried. The seal was an imperial seal that flowed in the bloods of royals. I had no hopes of it working out. I sighed deeply.

A month had passed and the plan was in motion the only problem was when. The blood moon ball was the only good time according to maki.

"During this time no demon would be in their right senses. In fact the coast would be very clear. The seal would be removed there and your father wont be able to tell as he would be overwhelmed with power. Once we are done we would begin leaving."

I held onto fathers arm tightly as we roamed the market in our robes covering our faces. We began our adventure looking for a carriage to place our stuff. The streets was as I remembered. It seems dad thought the same.

Not busy at all. No one on the street. Everyone was preparing for the ball and people where at home sleeping. During this period demons get tired as the man in their body gets hard to control. A man sat at the edge of the road. He stared confused and I smiled. He was still the same.

Old man greg.

In my past he was a sweet man who helped us escape without even asking for a penny. Though he must have taken pity on us. The guards stood behind us so we had to be as discrite as possible. I noticed one of the guards who reported things to the king standing. They had little red crests on thier bodies and are hard to miss.

I nodded as maki bowed to us. Father and i went closer to the man. In fathers arms was a sleeping damos. The man stared up at us. his wrinkily body and stubby feets. he looked like a duck and was very small. He had his hands on his bent back. 

"Ahh who might you to be?"

He asked. Father bent down to meet his face.

"It seems you were having problems. is thee anything we could do?"

His face lit up and he went into a smile. 

"Oh first time in my life i have seen such kind demons."

He moved forward in a direction pointing at a damage cart. he sighed. 

"The monster have began to increase and for some reason they are spreading to the demon realm. though no demon is taking it seriously."

Fathers face changed as he stared in confusion.

"Monsters? I thought monsters never attacked demons Or thier kind due to the scent."

That was true for most part. Demons could devour demons but only high demons could do so. In other words monsters were like ant to humans. they lacked intelligence and attack humans even though thier are part demons. Demons have a scent to each other. a scent that allows monsters know thier kind and that scent is utrid to monsters. 

"This is the first i have seen monsters feast on demons. Those monsters chased me all the way here. I was supoosed to leave with this cart around the bloodmoon ball but at this rate i might not make it. Its another batch of fruits for the humans."

It was not trade. Demons bring thier temotations from their realm to eed humans. I stared at the fruits. they were acholic fruits used to make wine. They had a strong taste just from a bite. I shook my head. I would know as i took it once though i got a scolding from father. 

Father took me back after noticing the fruits. he stared into the forest fro a while. Scanning. My face lit up. It was another sign his powers were coming to him. He had elemental sight where he was able to see from far away. the smallest thing. 

He had a complex look on his face before handing damos to Maki. Mki tilted her head a bit to the side. She had the same complex look.

"Dad whats going on?"

He took me in his arms. He pecked my cheek before talking to the man.

"Those beast are you sure they are monsters?"

The man nodded.

"They attacked me and the others i was riding with. I have asked other demons for help but no one cares in this world. death is death to us demons."

He chuckled.

"I am greatful thatthere sre still kind one willing to listen to me."

He stared us up and down.

"You guys are royalty?"

Whe stared down on his. he chuckled a bit.

"Your guards give it off. Unluckily for me."

He turned back into the direction of his cart.

"The demon world is already in turmoil because of the blood moon ball. Even if i do end up fixing my ride i would be in a lot of trouble riding during that time."

He sighed. The place went silent as father went closer to the man. He whispered in his ear and soon the man got mad. 

"GET OUT."

Father and i bent our heads down. I turned to father confused as the man insulted us. The guards made thier way to protect us but father dimmed them. We left the place and made our way back to the palace. 

"Father what did you say to that man?"

I asked as we made it inside. Father sighed.

"I only told him that i wanted a piece of the fruit. Seems he didnt like the joke."

I sighed.

"What pun did you intend to make."

He shook his head. Maki chuckled a bit as we turned to her. se kept composed and the guards left as we got inside. 

I sighed a bit. Then smiled.

"We have our carriage secured."

We all celebrated. 

...

"We would help you around that time but you ahve to promise to not tell anyone we joined you to leave."

The man nodded a bit.

"But you have to make it seem like we said something bad. no one is to know and for payement we would reward you handsomely."

...

I laughed resting my back againt the bed. In a month. I would be out of here.