35

Men trembled at his aura yet this child glared straight at him like he was a weak animal. Unlike her father she was confident in her abilities. Which made him more intrigued in her power. The power she was confident in.

"It seems you're worried about your father."

"Of course after all he is my father. It's only natural."

"But I am a friend."

"Father has no friend. A friend would have prevented those bad things from happening to him."

He felt a pang in his chest.

"If I did you would not exsist."

It was true. If her father was alright he would have lived a life devoid of her existence.

"I rather that than my father go through what he did."

A child told him straight up she would rather die saving her father. While he thought to live. She was better than him. He raised his hands in the air accepting defeat which confused them both. Abby sighed speaking.

"Tell me of the two bounties......Three I mean."

"Rumour has spread that you both have escaped the clutches of the demon king. Radues along with his daughter Soltrias."

"Soltrias?"

Abby asked. Radues nodded.

"You know about the prophesy right?"

Abby nodded.

"Part of it said I would give birth to a female child whom would be the saviour."

Her jaw dropped. She never read that in the book. Then again the book only focused on sex and nothing else. The Duke still couldn't believe the child was talking so much like an adult. It was scary. Very scary to him. Strange.

"That's crazy so this child is me soltaris. To think I had a second name lol."

The Duke nodded.

"The bounties are this. From the demon king . "Find the man called Radues he has a female child in hand. He escaped to the human realm. Bring him alive but the child dead. A reward of authority would be granted to the person who bring them.""

Abby's jaw dropped.

"Sigh fatherly love."

She joked. Capri couldn't understand how a child joked like that but at this point he gave up. Authority means the demon king was willing to hand over his throne to anyone who brought Radues. A hefty bounty.

"The next is from the king. "Bring them to me. Both the child and radues alive. A reward would be given. A seal of the grand duchy."

Radues jaw dropped. His father's title was going to be given as leverage. He remembered hearing the kings name. He remembered his hate. Abby felt her father tremble as she patted his hands.

"The last one is from an anonymous person. The person who brings only the child would be given the seal of the gods. It was a strange bounty as only gods can grant god ship to another person."

Abby trembled.

"A god? Why is a god looking for me?"

"It must be related to the prophecy."

Maki came down in her drapes and sat besides Radues. She looked tired.

"I thought you were sleeping."

"No not really I could hear your whole conversation. But back on topic. Abby the prophesy says you would fix the world. Meaning you have the utmost power."

Surely the gods would take interest in you.

Abby sat still. Why would a god be looking for her. He was a god. They had the power to sense presence unless hers was hard to sense. The room became quiet. They had to be as subtle as they could because there was a whole lot of bounty place on them. It was even more dangerous than they had thought.

If they were not careful they could really die. It dawned on them that they were in more trouble than they thought. If it was easy for the Duke to recognize Radues it would be easy for others.

"What do we do now no where is safe."

"I would have guaranteed the north since we stay away from people but it would be worse as this place would be the first place they would search."

"Of course you don't have the power to protect father."

Abby said harshly. The Duke kept silent. Radues sighed a bit and in an instant maki pulled on Abby ear hardly. Abbby screamed In pain as maki let go of her ear. Her ears were visibly red and Abby had a tear drop fall from her eyes.

"Ouch ouch ouch."

Abby cried.

"I should pull more on it."

Maki threatened Abby shook her head taking her father's hands in defense. She stared pitifully at Abby.

"What could the Duke do. Right now he looks like he only has a class level of 9 if he battled the king 10000 times without dying or sleep he would lose." 

She continued.

"The Duke of course knows that. He is not like your dad who can badly damage the king at full power."

Abby kept silent a bit.

"Even still I would take my chances."

"Yet it would be in vain."

"No she's right. I took my work more seriously than what went on. If only I sent a single letter."

Maki sighed.

"Please don't mind this crazy girl. She can destroy the world for her father. At times I can't even believe the prophecy is real maybe it's written backwards."

She sighed. She placed her hands in the table and stared at the Duke.

"All you can do for us. If you really see Radues as a friend. Is to help us hide I. The north. Away from the eyes of people till Abby turns ten. From there we would be prepared to leave to the empire."

Maki replied.

The Duke stared at the woman. Her aura changed almost dignified. They were a weird group. A man born with the powers of destruction. A girl born with both pure and impure magic and not only that but had the blood of both a demonic god and the hero. And the woman whose aura almost seemed divine.

He couldn't compare to them.

"Okay. The masks are good but it's lacking. Your auras are oozing even in this moment."

Both maki and Radues startled. They had forgotten. Abby looked confused.

"Uhm how does one hide aura."

The Duke was taking aback and he remembered she was still a kid. He smirked.

"It seems you're still a baby."

"Why you!!!"

She pounced. Radues laughed while making was concerned.