14

"Its time to wake up. Young miss and your highness."

A familiar voice called to me. I opened my eyes to see maki open the window. In few minutes more maids poured in.

"I thought i told you to call me Rohan."

My father added yawning. Maki chuckled taking me up from the bed while i was half asleep.

"I apologize Lord rohan."

"Why this early?

'

I asked half asleep.

Father stood up coming over to me who sat in maki's arms. He was way taller than her. I forget at times how huge father was due to us being around Aaron all the time. My eyes widened as Maki took me to my room to get dressed.

"The coronation day, Young miss."

Maki replied taking out a red box. I opened it to reveal the contents and it was a very pretty red dress with alot of ruffles and jewels.

I smiled joyfully. Red was a precious colour.

"I see you love red Sunny."

She applied lotion on my body. I stared at makis red hair then smiled.

"Its a very pretty colour."

"Really. then i am glad my hair is red."

I blushed hitting her arm. Knowing maki from the day before i figured she was the flirty type. I stared at the ceiling as i was being dolled up.

Today all family's would be present. Every one noble. Meaning we had to be on guard. As long as you were in the rankings, you can kill outside of the games. In fact you were allowed to kill anyone you pleased without being reprimanded.

"Sigh. i need to protect father."

"About the ball? Dont worry i have the ability to detect threats dont bother yourself to much and have fun. remember from tmr we would have an intense training till your match."

I sighed deflating.

"What do you think?"

I stared at myself in the mirror. I was so beautiful. My caramel skin matching the red colour adorned on my body and the jewels bringing out my red eyes. I was the epitomy of cute.

"Your so cute."

My chin rose a bit.

"Arent i."

I posed in front of the mirror with the maids clapping and watching me. Not long after father came in leaving us with our jaws dropped.

His long blond hair tied to the side of his neck being held down by his red and black suit. His rainbow eyes popped out from his clean look. Compared to his consort outfit, his suit made him look like royalty.

My eyes swole up seeing father so handsome.

"Your so beautiful Daddy."

I ran to him and gave him a peck as he brought me so close.

"You are more beautiful."

He kissed my other cheek. His eyes were also swollen. I smiled knowing that he felt the same as i did. Happy we are both living this way but horrid that it would come with multiple close casualities.

"Shall we..."

Aaron came to the dorr before stopping in his tracks and staring at father. I understood him. Father looked hot. Aaron on the other hand looked pretty as well. But i hated him.

"You look great Lord rohan."

Maki complimented father whose chin rose up a bit.

"Dont i?"

She chuckled.

Aaron coughed before heading down. We headed towards the ball venue. .."So what noble family are you from Maki?"

Father asked her on the carraige ride. I laid on fathers laps staring at maki. We opted for a carriage separate from Aarons to not ruin the already great mood.

"I am from the tranis family."

"Ohh really? That was a great family. The family of the barons."

She nodded and smiled. The tranis family gave their undying and unending loyalty to the hero as thanks for saving them from ruin.

"We were not informed of when the hero left the country so i was sent to find you and serve you in the demony. I hadnt seen you for 6 years till today. Where were you?"

I understood Maki had to ask father about his whereabouts not to seem suspicious. Father couldnt reply as he refused to lie about things that seemed trivial.

"I apologize if i said something wrong."

"Oh no i didnt mean anything. Honestly, I made follish descisions and now i have to pay the consequences of it."

He said subtly. Maki patted his shoulder and we both stared at her.

"We all make mistakes, its what we do after that matters. Anyone can rise from a fall. We can change any destiny we want to change."

Sh added smiling. We both blushed staring at her with admiration.

"Hahaha. Thanks Maki. I have only just met you but it feels like i have known you forever."

She smiled.

"Please feel free My lord."

i watched her. Honestly for someone who was the writer of the book she seemed to kind. Am i just being gullible. she was known to be an evil spirit.

[I can hear that.]

I startled.

'We can still talk this way?'

[Yes, i forgot to add. well not exactly. I know you have questions on why i know so much about your father. Well not only did he save my family.]

'Wait you story ws true?'

[Yeah. In all those lives i lived my family had gone through so much. At time i save your father from the villain but it only ended up even worse than before. Your fathers fate is to cruel. We used to be close friends the times i saved him.]

She stared at him with pity before closing her eyes and smiling again. I understood her. No matter how many times we escaped bad things happened. As though father wasnt allowed to live happily.

'How does fate work.'

i wondered.

[The gods change fate. A person's fate is made by the 7 Gods of the world. But you and i are special. We can change fate countlessly. but your father remains stagnant as though he isn't allowed to be happy.]

The carriage stopped as i was taking in what i was told. Why would the Gods want father to live a horrid life. I wondered staring at Maki. And why are we the only ones allowed to change fate. though i couldnt ask as i was taken aback from the scene.

Aaron came to me holding out his hands. I stared at his side seeing the multitude of people kneeling at the front and the carriages being towed into the garage. My heart pounded so loud. I didnt even realize i was being held by aaron till we got to the main door.