珊瑚螺旋

Inspiration & Credits: 鬼吹灯南海归墟
Note: Spiraling Reefs, entering the Abyss of the Dark Sea, SO=Significant other/Soulmate
Dottore/Zandik is Zeta, not Omega*

That Night

Laughter was heard along the pavilions of Liyue.

Dottore, Xiao and Felix talked amongst themselves.

"Over here." I motioned my professor and Zhongli to the dining room of the resturaunt.

Zhongli and the two professors nodded.

They both stepped in and greeted us.

"So you three.... we have a favor to ask..." Zhongli began.

"Sure anything." Xiao replies, agreeing right away.

"Are you sure, you don't have to..." Professor Hauck began.

"We insist." Xiao then eyed Dottore, making sure his friend agrees too.

"So you don't mind going to the Spiral reefs to look for the mirror and artifacts?" Asked Professor Jiang Cheng.

"You don't have to push yourselves..." Zhongli began.

"Its fine, this lets us dive into the culture," I replied, agreeing immediately.

"We don't mind." Replied Xiao with a shrug.

"You sure? It is out at sea after all." Zhongli replied.

"Yeah," I replied.

We then finished the dinner.

After arriving at Fontaine Harbor

"Since when did he join you on this whole adventure thing?!" Taeyong asked as he narrowed his eyes on Dottore.

"For your information Taeyong, it was pure curiosity." Dottore replies with a smile.

"He ain't lying." Xiao replies quickly, typing somethig on his phone.

Taeyong then whispered an order to one of the Nct members.

Mark nodded and then walked over with a intricately carved wooden box.

"What's this?" I asked.

Taeyong gestures his hand to the box, "Look for yourselves."

Xiao opened the box and gingerly unwrapped the fabric.

"It's an artifact alright." Xiao replied.

Dottore gingerly took the fabric and huge rusty-looking jade piece and then handed it to me.

"If Pantalone found this, it would surely sell at a certain price." He says.

"He's right, although the artifact is thousands of years old, needs to be polished," I replied as I handed it back to Xiao, who placed it back in the intricate box.

"But sometimes there is beauty found in the way things originally are." Xiao began.

"Not everything needs to be modified," I agreed.

"Either way, since it is jade and something from depths of the ocean, from one of those ancient palaces of the emperors, it would sell at a high price whether in an auction or for art." Replied Dottore.

"Not bad, you know your artifacts." Taeyong snides a remark to Dottore specifically.

I bet those two would never get along for even just a day.

Dottore ignored Taeyong's rudeness and continued to stare at the artifact.

"Anyways, since Y/N is here, I can go ask Hongjoong to take you guys to Spiral Reefs. Just do me a favor and stay alive." Taeyong replies.