Ateez & The Old World

Inspiration & Credits: Ateez: The World album series & HoYoverse

Interlude chapter of Nonstop

Hongjoong stared at the clock on the wall.

Everything was exactly at it is, and the members were all going on with their day.

So why did it feel so different?

Weeeeeeeeee!!!

A loud alarm sound echoed throughout the city. It affected the plazas, streets, schools, and buildings.

High above the ground the city, it was being monitored by a government.

They were known as the Guardians.

The Guardians monitored people from everywhere and were first to respond to the sound.

People walking on the street including office workers, business owners and students studying all stopped what they were looking and turned to the monitor in the sky.

Looking down from the sky, the whole world looked like a perfect world. People wore blank faces and went on with their day. The buildings and roads were also well organized. It was a pretty and neat world, futuristic one might add.

But there seems to be something missing.

What was it?

There was no life.
People did not smile much.

In the middle of the cold, dull buildings surrounded  by mannequin-like people, a mellifluous voice echoed.

"A perfect world. Being Perfect, Our World is safe. A small error is a crack, and a crack leads to pain. Pain, pain is an unecessary emotion and negatice element in life. We want to protect you all."

And for a minute, Hongjoong wondered who this voice belonged to.