Chapter 34

The hunter began walking forward their footsteps graceful but swift walked through what seemed like space a bridge that was like glass the footsteps echoed as he walked forward, voices spoke around the hunter some overlapped the others "who are they?" Ezra spoke looking around "where is this place?" Sam asked popping out the hunter gave a shrug not sure "looks like a gateway of some kind." He said looking to what he could only describe as something similar to a vex gateway. Then a sound a hoot filled his ears making the hunter look up to an owl "hey I know you." Ezra said looking up to the animal as the gate began to show an image looking towards it he saw the last time Ahsoka was seen by him "no." He said looking to it horrified "Ahsoka!" He heard the other him say as she held up a hand pushing him back and Vader stepping forward the two engaged in combat as the hunter watched she struggled against him. The darkness in the man almost overwhelmed the hunter but he pushed through watching as the force user was being overwhelmed by his attacks not thinking the hunter held out a hand as she got closer to her defeat. He grabbed her by the shoulder pulling the force user into the area he stood "Ahsoka!" The hunter shouted as the portal closed leaving the hunter and force wielder on the ground in the void.

Ezra stood to his feet as the other did the same confused and began looking around "Ahsoka is that you?" He asked making Ahsoka turn to him "Ezra?" She asked confused looking into his now silver like eyes "In the flesh." The hunter said looking to the force wielder "where are we?" She asked looking to the void "everywhere, and nowhere, between life, and death." The hunter said cryptically influenced by the Traveler, the force wielder noticed the owl "Morai, your here." She said as the owl jumped to her arm landing there "you know the owl?" Ezra inquired curiously "she's an old friend. I owe her my life, and now I owe you that as well." Ahsoka said looking to his eyes raising a brow at them "why are you here?" Ahsoka asked curiously "to see and observe what the force wants me to." Ezra answered moving forward "where's Kanan?" She asked "critically injured, he might make it, might not." The Hunter answered making the former Jedi frown as she followed.

Scene change

Sabine snuck through the base after the display of Ezra the base went on full alert the Minister was angry with his staff knowing that Ezra was able to sneak in with no help or so he thought "Sabine, where did Ezra go?" Hera asked panicked "not sure, he entered that weird state where his voice echoes, and entered the rock face like it wasn't even there." She answered making Hera sigh "we can't leave without him, Zeb wants to know why didn't you try to follow?" The pilot asked making Sabine roll her eyes "I tried to, but it was solid rock the second I tried to." The mando explained "it was like platform nine and three quarters." Geralt said still unable to comprehend what happened "once he gets out he's going to need some help getting out of there think you can provide?" Hera asked making the mando chuckle "hmmm, perhaps." She said teasingly grabbing a few detonators off her belt a smirk gracing her lips.

Scene change

As the two walked Ahsoka was looking around "this place is ancient. Like a world between worlds." She said making the hunter look around "almost reminds me of a hive throne world in a way." He said feeling uneasy then a voice "hey get me out of here, I hate this job." A familiar voice the hunter's head shot up and froze "Ezra?" Ahsoka asked watching as the hunter shook she went to place a hand on his shoulder before he started running forward not hearing anything that was being said to him by the force wielder focusing on the voice of his mentor "how-how's my hair? speechless, typ-typical." The voice said making the hunter run faster "you tell Ikora, and Zavala, t-the Vanguard, was the best bet... I ever, lost." The voice said as he stopped ending up at a portal the hunter looked into it. The prison of elders and Cayde-6 fighting for his life against the swarm of Scorn he stepped forward ready to help when Ahsoka caught up "Ezra stop!" She shouted making him hesitate "did you even think about what happens if you take someone out of their place in history?" Ahsoka asked the hunter nodded "yeah, nothing, I've saved someone who was mean't to die before, I know I can save him, no I have to save him." He said reaching forward "what happens if he doesn't die, what happens to those his death motivated." She said making the hunter hesitate again the Sam came forward "what happens to Crow, if he doesn't die?" She asked slightly saddened by the thought Ezra tried fighting against the thought and slowly dipped his head as the image of Cayde standing to his feet and summoning Sundance showed up "hey buddy help me out here." The past Cayde said as a shot hit the ghost hovering over his hand exploding light everywhere the hunter felt it through the portal and looked up back at the portal watching as his Vanguard stood to his feet looking down at his cannon "I'm coming home... Ace." He said putting the hood back up and aiming it at Hangman as he swung knocking the hunter into a wall as the vision faded Ezra looked back down in sadness "we can't save everyone, but we can learn from their deaths, it could make us stronger." Ahsoka said before crackling and rumbling was heard around them "that doesn't sound good, how about we find an exit or something." The hunter said looking around the empty space.