Chapter 29 Route B

Sabine and Ezra knelt before the armor that was burned near to glass she picked up a shoulder piece which shattered in her hand turning to dust she clenched her fist "there were rumors the empire was working on a weapon to neutralize Mandalorian armor that it had even been tested on our people. I-I didn't believe it." Bo-Katan said Saint looked out in disgust not liking to see warriors wiped out so easily making Sabine's eyes shift downward in shame "not the empire. Me. This is all my fault." She said making Ezra shake his head before putting one on the mando next to him "Bine, you can't blame yourself for this. You tried..." the hunter started "everything my father said was true, Ezra! This is my work! I created the weapon that did this and because of me, the empire is going to turn my world into a graveyard! Because of me, Mandalorians are going to die!" Sabine said her voice breaking as she stood and turned away from the group in shame "my mother and my brother are..." she started as the hunter stood and a voice were heard "Sabine!" The voice of Ursa said distantly Sabine gave a gasp as she moved towards the sound it came from the wrecked walker out of the black smoke walked Tristan who was letting Ursa use his body as an aide to help her move Sabine made the short sprint towards them "Tristan! Mother!" She said stopping a few feet from the two "Mother, Tristan, I... I thought I lost you." Sabine said looking at the two "we were... caught at the edge of the weapon's range. Thanks to your warning, we made it out." Ursa said as her daughter went to her otherside "the others weren't so lucky." Tristan said moving to the group faster thanks to the help of Sabine.

Sam finished her scans dematerializing for further analysis as Chopper came up chirping and beeping "Chopper's picking up something." Kanan said Rau put on his helm "survivors?" Bo-Katan asked as Rau used his visor looking towards something in the distance "no. The empire's coming back to finish the job." Rau informed making the group ready themselves Ezra unsheathed Murasama as blaster bolts struck nearby Sabine gave an angered growl as she activated the Darksaber "get back I'll cover!" Ezra yelled blocking shots as Sabine went on the attack firing and dodging shots getting close enough to use her Jetpack and superior strength to tackle one of the imps out of the sky he looked up to the mando above attempting to aim and fire his weapon only for it to be cut in two. Kanan and Rau defended against the flying mandos as Bo-Katan stayed in the air firing shots at the enemies "get Sabine's mother and father out of here." Kanan ordered making the hunter nod "come on!" Ezra shouted unholstering his Ace of Spades before a rocket hit the speeder nearby tossing the four to the ground "are you alright?" Ursa asked the hunter who was breathing heavily his left arm hanging on by a thread of flesh and muscle "n-not really." He said sheathing Murasama and tearing the useless arm off grabbing the Ace from the damaged arm he aimed and fired as Sam materialized scanning the injury repairing it making the hunter squirm from the discomfort.

Kanan ran over to Sabine "Sabine. Sabine! We have to leave now!" Kanan shouted as he grabbed a hold of the mandos arm "alright. Let's go." She said watching as the hunter and the other mandos got surrounded "they've cut us off!" He informed as the mandos fired back he holstered Ace and summoned his strength for a super materializing a staff of arc he spun it as blaster shots came towards them the sound of TIE fighters caught their ears swooping towards until another ship came by firing at the TIEs then the jetpack imperial mandos Bo-Katan moved towards it looking back "come on!" She shouted making the team move fast the hunter gave a thought throwing the arc staff towards the last two TIE making them change course not wanting to be hit by the staff of electric energy the hunter gave a smirk as he went deeper in the ramp closed behind him.

Suddenly the ship rocked and alarms blared "weapons are down." Rau informed sitting in the passenger seat "we're losing power!" the pilot informed as Sabine ran into the cockpit "I can keep us in the air but we can't take another hit like that." Sabine informed getting underneath the console. Ezra looked to Bo-Katan who was going towards the ramp "where are you going?" The hunter asked following closely behind "Rau said our weapons are down." Ezra informed as the ramp went down "a Mandalorian with a jetpack is a weapon." She said as she jumped out the back flying towards the TIEs leaving the hunter there Sam appearing above his left shoulder and gave a sigh "you two are going to go help her aren't you?" The hunter's ghost asked already knowing the answer as the hunter and titan gave a brief chuckle making Sam dematerialized before they ran and dived out of the ship "WOOHOOOO!" Ezra shouted as he zipped out the ship using his jetpack to fly towards the three TIE fighters he saw Bo-Katan pass one then turn flying at the one he was near she grasped onto the side he looked to them before the other started shooting at him making him dodge poorly making him windup on the TIE's front obscuring the view of the pilot "h-hey, I'm flying here!" The hunter joked in a mock Boston accent feeling the wind knocked out of him as the pilot kept firing not bothered by the obscurity.