Wolves and a Door

Ezra say in the recovery room with Kanan looking down at his friend and mentor "you really know how to keep company don't ya? No food no drinks and you're asleep." Ezra joked with a sad chuckle trying to imagine what Kanan would say if he was awake "so, uh... the empire is doing things at the Jedi temple here, don't worry me and the team are going ti handle it, all you got to worry about is getting through this, you're strong enough to find your resolve and fight through it friend." He said knowing Kanan probably couldn't hear him but he felt he needed the encouragement "and once you do, we'll have a big party, fireworks balloons the whole nine yards." Ezra said standing up "but, for now... rest, and recover for Hera's sake. Me and the crew have this don't worry." He said walking out the room.

Leaning against the wall Sabine looked to him "you really think that will help him?" She asked slightly doubtful "people have been doing this for the longest time on earth, they believe that people in comatose can feel the loneliness and will end up dying because of it, mostly superstition, but I believe he needs all the help he could get." The hunter explained walking with purpose towards the outside where Zeb, Hera, and Chopper were looking over the tablet "so, what do we got Ezra?" Hera asked turning to the two "so, this stone came from the Jedi temple here on Lothal." He said with a small gesture to it "that's far to the north how did it get here?" Hera asked with a raised brow "well funnily enough, the Loth-wolves gave it to me. They think the empire is doing something terrible there." He said getting a chuckle out of Zeb "ok, wait, 'they think'? What, does the force or light give you the ability to talk to animals?" Zeb asked sarcastically "so just to be clear, the ability to move things using special powers, make weapons out of thin air, and the ability to comeback from the dead is fine but we draw the line at animals speaking." Ezra said with an annoyed look, not having a response Zeb stayed quiet "thats what I thought. Anyways after the big one explained what was happening, one of the wolves dropped this." He said Sabine gave a look to the hunter "they tell you what it means?" She asked "no, they were very cryptic." Ezra said, before turning the tablet the mando raised a brow "what you thinking Bine?" The hunter asked noticing the look she had "I'm thinking I could make more sense of the symbols if I saw the temple up close." She said making the hunter cup his chin thinking "I agree, we have to go. I don't want the empire putting their hands all over the temple." Ezra said making Hera furrow her brow "so let's stop them. For Kanan." She said making Sabine stand back up "there's just one problem. As Hera said the temple is far to the north and we don't have a ship, nor your sparrow Ezra." She said looking down making Ezra smirk "oh I can get us there, got myself some new friends." He said walking to the exit making the three look to one another confused.

A little later

The crew followed Ezra out to the field where a few Loth-wolves were spotted the hunter raised his hand connecting to the wolves with the force who came to them the white one stopping in front of the guardian "we're ready, can you take us?" He asked the wolf gave nod before laying on it's belly giving Ezra the opportunity to climb onto the back of the creature one by one the wolves lowered themselves letting the crew get onto them Ezra heard a whisper from Zeb but couldn't quite make out what was said Sabine gave a response petting the head of the wolf before walking around to the back Zeb's personal space was assaulted by the wolves who sniffed the Lasat with intrigue Ezra said with a smile before putting on his helmet the team started to move "everyone ready?" He asked looking to the crew Hera put on her goggles "let's go fireteam." He said riding the wolf like it was a horse and him the cowboy "yah!" He shouted his wolf sprinting and the others following through the field "hold tight! Yah!" He shouted once again making the wolves sprint faster through the fields.

It was like a flash of light the team unconscious lay on their respective wolves except for the hunter who was disoriented but fine he felt the ting from the traveler's possession but not much different from himself the wolves howled waking up the others the sun blinding them as they looked ahead seeing the hunter looking to them "morning sleeping beauties, how was the nap." He asked jokingly and sighed when they looked confused to the joke "it's a story book back on earth about a... ah forget it." He said annoyed that his joke went over their heads Chopper gave a grunt as he was released from the mouth of the wolf Ezra dismounted from his wolf looking out over the hill "they say the temple is not far from here just a bit to the northwest. But we'll have to walk the rest of the way." Ezra said Hera moving by his side "Ezra, how do they do that?" She asked curiously "I don't know, same with Sam she's been trying to figure that out for a while now." He replied petting the nose of the wolf making them walk away "Kanan said they're deeply connected to the Force, but for some reason or another they carry the light with them." He explained "I'm just glad they're on our side." Zeb said making the hunter shrug "actually they are on Lothal's side." He said making Sabine raise a brow "there's a difference?" She asked as the hunter turned "let's hope not." He said watching as the wolves left "time to move." Ezra said moving forward the others following.