Tio

Tio- Zayn Malik

Lizzie's POV.

She led me to the main hall where everyone was already there, everyone was looking at us, well they were looking at her.

She seems to have so much power over everyone here, it's like she can do and undo as she pleases and everyone will do as she commands.

"Stay here with Roman and Edward" she tells me with her firm tone.

She then turns to look at the men who were apparently her right hand men.

"I don't want you to take your eyes off her" she tells them and they nod.

She started walking to the dance floor where her father was waiting for her, it was as if they were opening the dance floor for the others, Indila's love story started playing and the two of them started dancing.

It was obvious that this song meant something to the family because they always opened the dance floor with this song. My lips formed into a smile as I saw Y/n laughing along with her father, she looked happy.

My eyes began to scan the place looking for any familiar faces besides the Salvatore's and Bella. But I didn't manage to find anyone.

My eyes kept searching until they widened in shock.

It was the mayor.

The damn mayor is at this party?

I mean really this family is powerful considering the magnitude of the event and the people that are here.
-

Y/n's POV.

Stefan approached us asking dad for permission to dance with me which he granted.

We started dancing to the music.

"I have a question for you" he says.
"Tell me" I said as we danced moving back and forth.
"What's going on with you and Elizabeth?"
"What do you mean?" I said frowning as I felt my heart racing.
"I see how you guys look at each other, I know there is something more besides Just a project" he says smiling at me.
"No, there is nothing more than that" I denied.

I don't want anyone to know about us because that means involving her in our nuclear family making her a target for our enemies.

"You can lie to everyone here but me, I know you and I know you have feelings for her" Stefan says.
"I don't have feelings."
"Sure" he says making me roll my eyes.

After a while Damon comes over and starts dancing with me. Damon is the most overprotective of my brothers.

He wants to take care of me, he and I are a lot alike we act on instinct a lot of times which has gotten us into a lot of trouble.

"What's the deal with her?" He asks as we dance.
"There is nothing with her" I said
"Y/n you have your best men protecting her, don't lie."
"I'm not protecting her, I'm protecting us" I say causing Damon to laugh.
"She is incapable of hurting us we are the threat to her"

Oh believe me I know, but my dear brother I have to lie to you for her sake.

"It's simple, if something happens in here and something happens to her she will be the only one to open her mouth and tell everything that happened, we can't risk that happening, that's why she is escorted". I explained
"That makes sense" he says smiling at me "I don't want you to get involved with someone who is not in this business."
"Why?" I said confused frowning.
"Our lives are complicated enough, no one who is not involved in this business will understand, plus you would put the business and our family at risk" he says as if he has already thought about it many times.