Festival

09.07.1996
𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟
As I was sitting on a couch and watching some tv from boredom, telephone has rung. I sighed and walked up to it. With hesitation I picked it up.

M: Hello?

H: Hey Mike, I wanted to wish you happy birthday.

I didn't said anything for a few seconds. A soft smile appears on my face.

M: Thanks uncle, I'm actually glad you called. It's great to have someone remember my birthday.

H: Huh? Isn't Daniel with you again?

I stayed silent for a longer amount of time.

M: No... He went out with friends...

The call went silent for a few seconds after telling uncle this.

H: I'll come over to celebrate this day with you.

M: You don't have to, I'm happy that you called.

H: Oh no, I'm coming over, you can't stay alone on your birthday.

I smiled softly and chuckled.

M: You don't have to, but if you really insist, I guess I can't stop you.

𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟
I was sitting on a couch reading my grandad's diary. The music played quietly in the background. As I read more and more my eyes couldn't believe what I was reading...

All of these words, secrets and the past probably no one of us knew. Maybe except for mom. It all made me realize that... I actually never known my father nor grandfather, about their past and what they went through. The fact I always considered them as amazing people without even knowing them. They...

I got kicked out of my thoughts as I heard the front door open. After a while I smiled softly as I saw Noah. Him with a bouquet of flowers.

My eyes slightly widened when I saw the whole bouquet. It was huge! There were maybe 20 red pansies.

M: Noah!

I said with a giggle and put down the book. He walked up to me and kissed my cheek.

N: Happy birthday, honey.

M: You know you didn't had to. Just the birthday wishes would be great with me.

N: For someone like you there are no boundaries.

I pulled him in for soft and gentle, but long kiss. After we pulled away I took the bouquet from him and smelled the flowers. They smelled amazing.

I stood up and walked to kitchen, pour a bit of water into a vase, and put the flowers inside.

M: They're so pretty, thank you so much.

Noah walked up to me once again. His hand found its way to my waist.

N: You're welcome, birthday boy

He kissed me again and ruffled my hair. I hugged him and pecked his lips.

M: So how was the practice?

N: Like usually. We played for about 2 hours, then Terrance almost broke himself in half. But today it's not about me nor Terry nor anyone but you.

M: Typical Terry. What do you have planned for me?

N: The festival starts at 5, and we have 3 hours, so we can do something, if you want.

M: Let's just stay at home. You'll be able practice some more and spend more time with me.

N: Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Now my time is only for you, no more practicing, just you.