An Entity

Micheal's pov
It's 6:48 am and I'm just driving through Salt Like City from work. Like usually I listen to some music to not fall asleep behind the wheel after another nightshift.

I hope the next few days will pass by fast and I'll have these 2 weeks off.

Regardless being such an early hour the city begun to wake up. Some adults are going to work, some are already coming back from work. Fortunately for kids they have summer break for now.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like right now, if I didn't listen to uncle Henry and didn't sell the restaurant and company. Maybe I and Noah would be already married, maybe, just maybe have a kid. And of course, earn much more money than i already, but it's not the worst for a nightguard.

As I slowly made my way to the city center I noticed a person in an alley. I slowed down to see what was going on on and there was a person staring at me.

In shock I looked away and rubbed my eyes before looking back there, but they weren't there.

M: What?...

I decided to brush it off and continued to drive.

M: Fuck, I must be tired...

I leaned back in the seat and hit the gas, wanting to get back to Noah and try to get some needed sleep.

___________________________

After finally arriving back home, I take my keys and unlock the front door. With a corner of my eye I notice the same person like 30 minutes earlier. This time it stood by my neighbors door.

I looked back at it until it disappeared when my neighbor opened the door and came out wearing a robe and held a cup of coffee in his hand. He noticed me and smiled.

: Hey, Mike!

I looked with confusion in my eyes at him after experiencing such a strange thing.

I just nodded my head softly and went inside my house.

After locking the door, I threw down my bag and took off my shoes before going to the bathroom to take a shower.

___________________________

As I was done, I made my way to the bedroom to change my clothes. A dimly lit room that I never thought I'd say I miss.

I put on just some pajama pants, and turned around to look at the bed. Except Noah, who I was expecting to lay there, it was this entity. Looking right at me with its big yellow eyes.

I stepped away bumping into the wardrobe as I stared back at it with growing fear on my face. I tried to say something but I couldn't; fear made me speechless and unable to move.

After a while I couldn't control myself anymore and burst out crying.

He slid down onto the floor against the wardrobe door and cried.

M: What do you want from me?...

I sat there crying for a while before feeling hands cupping my cheeks. I looked up and saw Noah. Tears fell harder down my cheeks from happiness to see him.

M: Noah!

He pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me.

N: What happened, Micheal?

M: I... I don't know.

N: Calm down first then you'll tell me what happened.

He wiped off the tears of my cheeks with his thumb then stroked my hair softly to calm me down. After a few minutes I calmed down a bit.

N: What happened?

M: On my way back home I saw a... Creature in an alley. Later at Linda's doorway and then now. It was there instead of you. I'm just probably fucking tired after work.

N: We'll talk about that later, first you need to have some sleep.

___________________________

Noah's pov
As Micheal slept cuddled up to me, my mind ran with worry of what is happening, what that creature is that Micheal's talking about and about his wellbeing.

Lately I've been thinking more and more to convince him to go to a psychologist. Even though he seems much better than how he was, from what he told me, his mental health isn't as good as it should be.

As he slept I leaned in and kissed his forehead before falling asleep myself.

___________________________

I woke up to Micheal still asleep, which made me happy because he had been having sleeping issues.

I don't know what's happening at his work, but it's making him exhausted. I need to talk with him about that.

Before getting out from the bed I kissed his forehead once again and carefully removed my arm from underneath his head.

Cursing quietly under my nose from the pain in my arm from being asleep for so long, I made my way downstairs.

___________________________

A few hours passed, exactly 5. Micheal is still asleep, and I got to do some chores in the meantime. For now Stacy came for a visit and we sat in the living room watching some TV to not wake Mike up.

I looked at her since I could feel her eyes on me.

N: Can you stop staring at me?

S: Did something happen?

N: Why?

S: You look more tired than usual.

I let out a tired scoff.

N: Maybe.

S: Tell me.

N: Why should I?

S: Because I'm your sister.

N: Sister or not I don't have to tell you anything.

S: Oh come on, you know you want to tell me.

Stacy began to annoy me. At first I didn't say anything as she continued to tempt me to tell her. A couple of minutes later my tough wall eventually broke. 

N: Micheal's mental health is getting worse.

S: How come?

N: Today after he got home, he got a breakdown. He told me some creature haunted him.

S: A creature? You need to get him some help.

N: I'm thinking about it, but it has to be different since we're dead. Maybe it's not hallucination, but something real.

S: Yeah, I guess you might be right. Then mental hospital.

___________________________

1012 words 👹