Fathers Note

𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘰𝘯 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘰𝘯.

𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘦'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷
I woke up to view of snowing.
Well not a new thing here. But one of the problems is that next week is Christmas. We both don't celebrate it since we're atheists, but decorating house and Christmas tree is surprisingly fun and tiring.
Mostly for someone like me.

Maybe we shouldn't do that this year?
After all it doesn't mean much for us.
Just a pine tree with decorations which means fecundity. Meanwhile i assume we are infecund since we're both dead. I got up and went downstairs where I saw a note on a kitchen counter.

"𝘐'𝘮 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵𝘴. 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

M: You better be bitch.

I smiled and throw the note into the trush bin. I walked back to the bedroom and changed my clothes. I looked around. Yeah, I think it's time to clean in this wardrobe of mine. After all I have now free time and not much to do now since Noah's going to be home in a caple of hours.

I walked to it and opened. A couple of boxes with my old stuff. It's been lots of years since I last cleaned here. I think I'll just take them to the attic after I'll be done.

I took the first box. There are probably only books. I took the first one and it's not a book. It's an album with photos. I sat down on the floor and looked at the pictures. I started feeling so sad. They're our family photos. Grandpa, mama, dad, Terry and... kids. Liz and Chris. I shouldn't be thinking about the past, but I just can't, moslty when I'm looking at our old photos now.

On the first pages photos are with parents, grandpa and Terry when he was a child.
He looked so cute. Parents also seem happy. After all Terry was their first child. I looked at them more and lots of memories are coming back. I don't remeber some of them becuase I was a child, but I feel so happy to see them. One of those that I remeber was when it was summer. I was maybe 4 becuase mom was pregnant with Chris, and it was the year when we moved to Utah from Sheffield in '75 I assume. We were spending time with uncles Henry, Joseph and aunts Barbara and Patricia in uncle Joseph's beach house. Sometimes I wish these times would come back.

After I was done looking at the pictures I looked inside the ones in the box. The others were just poets etc. But in the bottom of the box there's a video cassette. I took it and looked at it.
There's a date on it 13.06.1986. It was days before my dad went missing.

I took it and went downstairs to play the cassette. I put it in the cassette player and sat down on the couch as it started to play. It's my dad. He started talking about something, but he seemed stressed and depressed than ever. I felt so bad. He was saying that in his life he made lots of bad decisions and mistakes. Then about his mental and health issues from the past which he thought got away, but after mom died they came back.

As I was listening to him more I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Dad was also suffering from depression, but in his teenage years psychitrists weren't so available like later. And the one who kept him sane was mom... He kept talking about something when the video ended.

I'm feeling so anxious and bad. No answeres, just more questions what happened to him.
I don't know if I'm supposed to give up or keep searching for him.
I should stop worring so much. It happened 17 years ago. Even police had been saying that there was no evidance.
__________

M: I'm happy with what I've created.

I stand in front of my creation. Snowy dick. I have no idea why I actually decided to make this, but at least my negative emotions lowered. Noah will have a nice view when he'll come back.

M: I wonder what time it is, it's getting pretty dark by now. I guess I'll go back inside now.

°: Excuse me, but what in the God's name is this?

A woman maybe in her 30's or 40's asked and pointed at this beautiful creation of mine.

M: That is a penis made of snow.

°: Why did you made this?

M: I don't know I just felt like.

°: You need to destroy it.

M: Why?

°: There are children living here.

M: Actually mostly teenagers.

°: Listen I myself have a child and she's too young to see this.

M: Okay? I kinda didn't asked, but congrats, I guess.

°: Destroy it.

M: For now people won't be able to go out because snow storm is coming so they won't see it.

°: I didn't came here almost 2000 ft (600m) to argue with you.

M: Wait, for real you came here almost 2000 ft just to tell at me?

°: Yes, and you better do what I'm telling you. This is inappropriate.

M: Just go back to your kid.

°: I'll go, and the next time I'll come here this better not be here.

M: Yeah, yeah, just go.

She walked away, and I walked my direction too.
I walked inside the house and undressed from the warm clothes.

I went to living room. I turned on the TV and sat down on the couch.
I started looking through channels to see if something interesting is being played, but only these Christmas news and films. At this point I turned on something random just to watch and waste my time till Noah comes.
I hope he'll come before the snow storm hits.
___________

I heard the door open.

N: Mike, why's there a giant dick outside the house?

Noah came to me and sat down next to me as he kissed my hand.

M: I needed to make something to lower my sadness.

N: Did something happened?

M: Not really, I just cleaned in the wardrobe and there wre old photo albums.

N: Aww, Mikey.

He pecked my face in multiple places.

N: Don't be upset.

M: I'm not how I used to be.

N: I'm going to light up your mood.

He gave me a soft kiss and cuddle me.
He kissed my head and stroke my hair.

M: What time is it?

He looked at the clock.

N: 6:38.

M: Already?

N: Yes.

I looked at the TV and he did after me.

N: A snow storm will hit at night and will stay for at least a week. Guess we'll be grounded together for a week.
Good thing I already have a Christmas present for you.

M: I have too, and you forgot about Enny.

N: ...Right Ennard.

I laughed at him and played with his hands.

M: Wait, that's right. You were supposed to fuck the shit out of me.

N: Do you want me to?

M: Yes.

N: Then let's go.

He turned off the tv and took my hand leading me to the bedroom.

______________________________________
1230 words