01|eXposed

The woman was standing in the corner of the kitchen area, which looked like a mess even more than usual today. She was making coffee and her hands trembled as they often did.

"Hey." Familiar arms were moving around her from behind and while normally it was an action that would result in said person being on the floor, she knew exactly whose arms were around her.

Lorna Dane or Polaris, she was looking at her and Taylor sighed as she turned around to look at her. "What's going on now with everyone, Lorna?" Taylor asked bluntly and Lorna sighed softly.

"John and Marcos, they are back." Lorna said and she sounded almost upset about the words as Taylor looked at her suspiciously. "They will tell you, once they get in. But... Be prepared to use some of that training, that you've got." She murmured as a moment later, Taylor was walking over to the stairwell and she could see that the others were indeed returning.

John came into the old place last and then by the time he walked into the office by his own power, she was already sitting there on the desk with a cup of coffee in her hands as he was looking at her, before he shut the door behind him. "Taylor... What the hell are you doing here?" John asked and she was putting the coffee to the side, hopping off of the desk that she had previously been sitting on.

"I could smell how upset you were, even from the top of the stairs." Taylor said and she was shaking her head. "What the fuck happened out there John?" She asked.

"We lost." John admitted simply to her question and Taylor's eyes narrowed at the words.

"Who did we lose, Johnny, because you are too upset for just anybody else, to have lost anyone like,"

"Pulse." John interrupted as Taylor's eyes widened at the words. "Gus was buying us time to get back to the treeline and he was shot." He said and now, Taylor silently was moving her arms around him. "How are we going to tell them?" John asked softly as she silently held him, resting her chin gently on his shoulder.

"Together."

As clear as the day that would soon be ending, Taylor could remember that fateful day. John Proudstar had lost his best friend and in that, Taylor found that she had lost two of her closest friends as well.

"Taylor!" She swiftly snapped her head around to look for the voice that was calling her name. Taylor finally located it, seeing the dynamic duo of Marcos Diaz and Lorna Dane that were standing by the door. "Hey come on, John's already waiting in the car."

Lorna wasn't shouting or calling out very loudly but for Taylor Fern who had ears that were practically rather superhumanly perceptive to any types of noise around the area, since Lorna might as well have just been shouting her name instead.

Taylor hopped up and she was looking down at herself, a baggy hoodie and black sweatpants that could come off easily. She was joining them as they walked out of the Mutant Underground.

Taylor was hopping into the car and she shut the door behind her, buckling up her seatbelt and John was already in the driver's seat. "What are we looking at?" She asked as Marcos and Lorna were getting into the SUV behind them.

"Somebody escaped from a mutant detention center." John explained as they were driving quickly. "There are two mutants. One of them appears to be a shapeshifter and according to the radio, he is a wolf." John said quickly.