22|hear their Pain

"You know that we are moving out tomorrow, right?" Taylor had been lying on the patio in her lioness form and she turned her head around, seeing that John was standing in the doorway as he was watching her. Taylor bowed her massive head in a swift nod, before she was returning to rest her head onto her paws. "Are you angry at me, for making us leave?" Taylor lashed her tail and John sighed. "I want to pick up the trail as soon as possible, Taylor, we have already left it for too long. There might not even be a trail left."

Taylor let out a rumbling growl and John sighed. "Can you just change back, so I can actually understand you?" Taylor snapped her fangs together in annoyance and John rolled his eyes at the angry snap. "Okay, Taylor, come on. I am trying to think of everybody here." Taylor growled as a familiar ripple went through the lioness, who was swiftly changing back.

"Except for the people, who actually now built this place." Taylor pointed out as John winced at the words from her. "John, they rebuilt this place for the Macon survivors to have a place to stay. Gus and Jules, this place was their back-up plan in case things went completely to hell." She gestured at the area around her. "This is the last place that all of them were together and now, you're going to make them leave?"

"We don't have a choice, Taylor!" John snapped loudly and Taylor blinked at the words. "We have to go, or we risk Sentinel Services finding us."

"I highly doubt that anybody else knows about this place..." Taylor tried as John was looking at her, before she sighed. "What is that look for, John?" She asked sharply.

"We don't know what Pulse told them and Trask! They could have every single hideout that we have ever lived in, we have no idea if anywhere is safe anymore!" John practically shouted and Taylor stared at him, before she nodded slightly.

"Well I am going to go and talk to the one guy, who might be able to just answer all of these questions for us." Taylor stated as she was getting up and then, she was pulling on her clothes again. "I'm going to go and talk to Bernie." Taylor said coldly and then now, she was walking back into the house.

"Taylor, wait!" John said, but she was already gone and John was shaking his head at the words.

Taylor was knocking on the door to the icy-blue painted door and then swiftly now, Taylor was silently waiting at the lack of a response. "Hey, Bernie? Can I talk to you about something?" Taylor asked.

Bernie opened the door and then he was looking at her. "You have a minute?" Taylor asked and Bernie shrugged a little, before he pushed the door open wider and Taylor was walking into the room.

"Are you doing okay?" Bernie asked and Taylor glanced over at him with a question in her eyes. "I saw you and John... I also could hear him shouting. I paid special attention to it, because he doesn't really do it very often." Bernie said.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just wanted to ask you a couple of questions about..." Bernie looked at her, before he nodded. "You already know?" Taylor asked and now, Bernie was nodding quickly.

"What do you need from me about Pulse?" Bernie asked straight-on and swiftly, Taylor was sitting down on his bed after he had offered it and Bernie looked at her.

"I need to know everything that Gus told Trask and Sentinel Services, about where any and all of our hideouts were." Taylor said bluntly as Bernie was nodding quickly at the words, too quickly as Taylor grabbed one of his hands in hers.

Rather stupidly forgetting that his hands turned to ice, whenever he was freaked out and this time was no exception to that rule.

Taylor yanked her hands back and they were glittering from frost and she hissed with pain, swiftly now cramming them into the pockets of her hoodie. Just trying to warm them up. "I'm sorry." Bernie said quietly and she was looking at him, before she was shaking her head.

"Stop apologizing, Bern. It isn't your fault and I know that somewhere inside of your own head, you already know it." Taylor stated and Bernie raised his eyebrows. "I also heal fast." Taylor reminded him.

"Okay. Where do you want me to start then?" Bernie asked and Taylor shrugged before Bernie started to speak.

Taylor left Bernie alone with his thoughts after they had finished speaking and from her room down the hallway, she could hear him faintly crying.