07|eXodus

Taylor woke up in a burst of terror as she was trembling, before she was shaking her head.

Taylor sat up with a shudder of fear and pain that ripped through her and she was trembling, her eyes were flashing and she was shaking in place.

Taylor was swiftly shaking her head and now, she was getting up and she walked out of the room, silently pulling on a clean zip-up hoodie.

Taylor knocked on the door to the office quickly and John turned around to look at her. Taylor opened the door and she walked into the room, shutting it behind her and he was nodding. "Couldn't sleep?" John guessed and she sighed.

"Yeah." Taylor muttered quietly and then she was pulling up a chair as she was sitting down next to him. "What has got you up this late?" Taylor asked as she was looking down at the folders, that he was flipping through.

"Just some other mutant files." John murmured and he was swiftly now looking over at her, before he was tilting his head to the side. "What is wrong?" He asked and she sighed quietly.

"I was back in that situation, when I mutated for the first time." Taylor said as she shook her head. "I don't even remember what happened, John. I saw him coming through the window, I screamed but it... It sounded different, like a roar. The next thing I know, I'm covered in blood and I have four paws and a tail." She said and then, he was nodding.

"I know. I remember when you got up and you ran your ass down to our place. James answered the door, he saw you covered in blood, naked and with a tail and... He didn't even question it." John said and she nodded slightly. "You ripped that stupid guy who dared to try it, you ripped him completely apart and you didn't even mean to." He murmured and she was nodding.

"Which is now haunting me again, over a decade and a half later." Taylor murmured and he was putting the files to the side and he shut them, before he was looking at her. "Stop giving me the pity look, Proudstar. I hate that look." Taylor muttered and John's grin was clear.

"All right." John agreed and then, she was silently resting her head on his shoulder as he looked at her. "Are you staying with me then?" He asked and now, she was humming quietly in agreement.

"Can I?" Taylor mumbled and John moved his arms around her in response, as she was shutting her eyes and listening to his heartbeat.

"I'm just going to take that as a yes." She mumbled and at the words, John chuckled softly and she was snuggling closer to him.

"You know just as well as I do, Taylor, that I can't really say no to you anymore." John said and she was mostly asleep, as she was grabbing one of his hands in hers and she was quietly murmuring something. "Just get some sleep, Fern." John murmured softly as he was tossing a pen gently over to the light switch, which hit it on the money and the lights turned off.

Taylor woke up in the morning and for a moment or two, she was not remembering where she was and she was panicking, and she could feel her senses going haywire.

"Taylor." She spun around and she saw Sonya was standing there and she looked a little unnerved at the sight of her. "Are you okay?" Sonya asked and Taylor sighed.

"Where's Johnny?" Taylor asked and Sonya shrugged trying to be evasive at those words before Taylor rolled her eyes. "There is nothing to be jealous of, Sonya." Sonya's jaw dropped open at the words.

"J... Jealous?" Sonya asked as she was shaking her head with her jaw agape at the words. "Why in the fucking hell, would I be jealous?" Sonya asked.

"Good question. Because like I said, there isn't anything to be jealous of." Taylor said simply as she was shaking her head. "Look, Johnny is my anchor." She noted.