05|rX

"Somebody is here!" Tim hollered out as four people, one of which was holding a kid that couldn't have been older than two years old were all walking up the stairs.

"Julianna." Taylor called out with relief written all over her face and now, the older woman with her kids, she nodded at the words. "It is really good to see you." Taylor said as she clapped hands with Julianna as she nodded swiftly.

"You guys?" Julianna asked gently and the four children were looking up at their mom as she nodded. "Go and see Shatter, all right?" Julianna murmured and the three older ones were taking the two year old into their care and now, they went to go to find the aforementioned mutant.

"What is the deal?" Julianna asked swiftly and she was looking at Sonya and John with Taylor, who was relieved to see her.

"We have a mutant named Clarice who is going into shock. Long story short, she can open portals and she is doing it without warning and has no idea what the hell she is doing. She's in shock and she is crashing, she is unstable beyond all belief." Taylor explained and Julianna was nodding quickly at the words.

"Let me guess, the random half of a truck tailgate sitting in the corner?" Julianna was pointing at it and Taylor sighed.

"Yeah, exactly. We have a mutant named Lauren, who has the ability to make portals just like you..." Julianna spat out her water at the words and Taylor jumped back, as she growled.

"I'm sorry, what?" Julianna asked and Taylor's eyes narrowed.

"The mutant's name is Lauren..."

"Lauren, what?" Julianna asked and then she was looking at him. "What is her family name? Lauren, what?" She asked urgently, a sense of urgency that they had never heard from her before.

"Strucker." Julianna's eyes widened to the size of small moons as she was staring over at them. "Her name is Lauren Strucker. She is over there." Julianna turned around to see where Taylor was pointing down next to the vault, only to see that Lauren looked completely exhausted and she was leaning against the table.

"I go by Julianna Madison, but do you remember what my name was before?" She asked and Taylor's eyes narrowed. "I'll talk to them after, but for now, what the hell am I doing here?" Julianna asked.

"We need you to take over for Lauren, she has exhausted her abilities." John said and Julianna glanced over at him with a skeptical gaze. "She has been closing portals for over 6 hours, Jules, she can't keep this up forever." John stated and Julianna sighed at the words, before she nodded in agreement.

"What did you hear that is making you positively stink of anxiety, John?" Taylor asked and John glanced over at her, before he sighed.

"Look, the cops are gearing up out there. I heard them call in the SWAT Team. The next time that portal opens, we may have a serious problem." John said.

"Johnny, if they actually start coming through..." Sonya and Taylor were the only ones who called him Johnny. The only other person alive who could maybe be allowed to call him that was Julianna, but she wouldn't.

"I know, I know." John reassured them as Taylor was watching Lauren, who drank an entire bottle of water in one go, before she was already opening another one. "We need to be ready to evacuate if necessary."

"No. No, Johnny. No, we need to get her as far away from here as possible. We can't just evacuate everyone!" Sonya hissed through gritted teeth.

"We might have to." Taylor said simply as Sonya turned around to stare at her. "I am just facing the reality of the situation, which you seem like you are just extremely intent on avoiding the reality of it all." She replied to the unbelievably disgruntled look on the red-headed mutant's face.