17|eXtraction

Taylor was sitting on top of a car and she was shaking her head, thinking as she was looking up at the sky. "Are you okay?" She looked over at the doorway and Taylor saw that John was standing there. "You didn't get hurt in the Fairburn attack, did you?" John asked.

"No." Taylor said and she was turning towards him, shaking her head. "Actually, I was thinking about how we really could've used Pulse in that situation." Taylor admitted and he was nodding silently, as he was walking over to her. "Julianna really kicked ass out there." She said as she was moving over as John was hopping up onto the car next to her, nodding.

"Yeah, she did." John said quietly, almost absentmindedly and he was messing with the thunderbird necklace that Julianna and Gus had gotten him ages ago. "Sometimes I turn around, try to ask him about anything and then I have to remind myself... That he's gone." John admitted as silently, she grabbed one of his hands in hers.

"Which isn't really helped at all, by the fact that Darren is absolutely the spitting image of him." She pointed out to him. "I had to look again, when I first saw him." John chuckled softly at the words. "John, what the hell are we doing? Working with those three... It doesn't feel right." Taylor said and he was looking at her.

"What do you mean?" John asked and she was shaking her head.

"When we were asking them about how they found us at Fairburn, they insisted that they had connections. But I heard something when they insisted on that and I heard that Esme's heart skipped a beat." She stated and John looked at her. "Indicating a lie." She murmured softly and he nodded at the words, right before he was moving his arms around her. "They really want us to go to Charlotte?" She asked softly as he nodded and she sighed. "Then I am going with you."

"Yeah, I didn't really think that you would want to stay behind." John murmured softly and she was looking at him. "Since you did miss out on the last one." He pointed out as she looked at him, nodding.

"I'm not leaving you guys alone." Taylor murmured and then he was looking over at her with a grim smile on his face, before she was resting her head on his chest. Taylor felt his hands gripping hers gently, and then, she was shutting her eyes as then she listened to his strong, familiar heartbeat.

"Come on, let's go." John murmured as the cars were pulling up and they were walking over to the cars, as Julianna came out of the old building with Lorna, Marcos and Clarice following her. "You're coming with us?" He asked and then, now, Julianna was messing with her rings and she was nodding.

"The Struckers are staying here with the others, they can protect this place together along with Shatter and the rest. They don't need me here, I'm going with you." It wasn't up for debate as they were all piling into the cars with Taylor in the passenger seat as she was going to be carsick if she wasn't.

They got out of the car and then, swiftly Taylor was looking up at the house and she shook her head.

"Hey Jules, have you ever been in a place like this before?" Taylor asked and her best friend was walking around the backside of the vehicle as she looked at the house.

"When Gus and I used a few connections of ours to rebuild the old farmhouse yeah. One night in a crazy-ass house, I never wanted to go back to the big house. It would be way too big." Julianna noted as she stared at the house. "Like this one." She noted.

"I thought that we were coming to a safe house." Marcos stated.

"It is safe."

"And it's a house."

"Hence the term."