08|eXit strategy

"So, you're telling me that you may have taken away a memory that made her forget everything?" John asked coldly and Sonya's sigh was clear.

"Look, I didn't mean to take such a crucial memory away!" Sonya said at once. "I was just trying to get her to calm down, I didn't mean to destroy the bond that you guys shared..."

"But you did, Sonya!" John snapped and then, she was shaking her head and she was looking like she was ready to cry. But for once, he couldn't care less. "You just ruined whatever trust she had, in any of us!" John snapped and he was now just storming out of the office.

"Julianna!" John shouted and Julianna looked down from where she was standing at the top of the stairs. "I need your help." He said and Julianna looked over at him, before she was nodding and he walked out of the building.

Julianna followed him out and she looked over at him, her eyes narrowing at the sight of him. "What's wrong?" She asked and John was looking at her, his eyes dark with anger and pain.

"Sonya took away Taylor's memory of..." He shut his eyes briefly. "Sonya, she managed to take away the memory that basically ensured that Taylor had control, without sacrificing her humanity." John admitted.

"Sonya took the memory of you and James when you found her curled up tightly on the side of the road, right after she killed that guy." John nodded quickly now at Julianna's assumption as she sighed softly. "I honestly wish that I could say, that I was surprised by her actions." Julianna murmured quietly.

"I need you to help me restrain her, we might have to knock her out." John said and Julianna was looking over at him, before she was nodding slightly.

"You really care about her, huh?" John narrowed his eyes at the implications and Julianna shook her head. "The same expression that I see when you talk about her, is the exact same one that you used to ridicule Gus for, whenever he talked about me." Julianna explained with a grin on her face and John sighed.

"If I admit it, will you leave it alone?" John asked and Julianna was shaking her head at the words.

"Nope." Julianna bluntly spoke and John sighed at the words, before she was walking down into the dirt.

"Nope... Naturally. Nope, nope, because of course not." John muttered under his breath at her words.

"I heard that!" Julianna called over her shoulder and John grunted in annoyance at the words. "Come on, John! I'm not the tracker, I'm just the mutant backup!" She hollered and John chuckled at the words as he caught up to her.

Carefully, they made their way into the surrounding area and then suddenly, John held up his hand and Julianna stopped. She took a step back, moving her hands up until they were at the ready for a fight if it came down to it.

Julianna was circling carefully around John's position, while he was crouched down in the dirt and now, he was swiftly looking around the area.

"Come on." John said and he was getting up from the ground carefully, being careful not to potentially destroy any tracks.

Julianna followed him and eventually they were coming upon, what appeared to be a leftover carcass and Julianna's facial expression was twisting quickly into a rather disgusted look.

"What the hell kind of a feral and wild animal leaves a carcass like this just lying around?" Julianna asked and then, John's eyes widened at the words.

"None. But a mutant might." He said as he was turning around. "Move!" John said and the trap had caught Julianna, who was stuck in a net with the carcass and now, she was groaning with disgust.