34|no Mercy

Pyro looked quickly right down at the flip phone that was ringing in his pocket and he was flipping it open.

"We need your help. Taylor's in trouble, she was grabbed by the Purifiers. When she was trying to help the rest of the Mutant Underground." Julianna was talking on the other end. "I need your help. The rest of us, we are still recovering from the gas that the Purifiers used."

"What do you need from me?" He asked carefully and Julianna sighed.

"I need you and Liliana. You would be working with me and John, maybe even Marcos, maybe." Julianna said and John sighed.

"The rest of them don't need me with a mission and, I don't think that they will need Liliana either." Pyro said and he sighed.

"Text me the location when you know where you need us, I will meet you either way. No matter what Liliana says." He hung up the phone quickly and then he was swiftly walking over to the door then, that was shut quickly.

He knocked on the door and he sighed.

"If you don't open the door, I'm coming in." He declared and a second later, Liliana opened the door and then, she was looking over at him. "Can we talk?"

"Well, you're already speaking." Liliana pointed out as she was nodding her head quickly, moving to the side and he walked into the room. "Something's going on with you, Pyro. So, what the heck is it? Because ever since you walked through those doors with the Frost Triplets, something has been messing with your head." She said.

"How the hell did you know?" Liliana scoffed at the words. "Okay, that is a very stupid question."

"Well, are you going to answer it?" Liliana questioned bluntly and he was looking over at her. "You're good at hiding your emotions Johnny, but not so good that I can't see them with practice." Liliana was pointing out to him calmly and he nodded.

"Julianna called me up a few weeks ago and... She asked me to help find you guys, the Inner Circle and she wanted me to find a way to get into it." Liliana's eyes widened at the words. "This is the phone that I bought myself a week before I showed up." He held out the flip phone quickly and Liliana was looking over at him quickly, before she was taking the phone.

"Did Julianna call you in, just to bring me back to her and her family?" Liliana asked and he shook his head.

"None of us knew that you were still alive, let alone that you were here. Lili, I didn't want to hurt you even worse. Not after what I already did." He said and she was shaking her head.

"The burn wasn't your fault, Johnny. You had a nightmare and it got bad, you used your abilities and I was in the crossfire. It happens." Liliana said and Pyro looked at her. "I don't blame you for it, I never did."

"Julianna needs our help." He explained and Liliana's eyes narrowed. "Apparently Taylor was grabbed by the Purifiers..."

"Taylor... Wait, you mean John Proudstar's partner?" Liliana asked and he shrugged. "If my Intel is right..."

"I don't think that they're too fond of each other at the moment but, yes. Look, I will go on my own if I have to..."

"Taylor has helped me out over the years. I went to her for therapy sessions, I owe her for it. I'll help." Liliana said and she was looking over at the wall, where there were a few pictures stacked on top of one another as she tossed the phone back to him. "When do we leave?" She asked.