06|eXodus

"Why do I really feel like I'm going to hate what Marcos has to say?" Julianna asked as she was limping along with Taylor, whose eyes were flashing.

"Because he hasn't really changed at all, Julianna, since you left and came back." Taylor remarked as they walked down the stairs. "You okay?" Taylor asked and instead of answering her, Julianna hopped up onto the railing and slid down the stairs. Taylor laughed at the way that Julianna had found around her injured ankle, before she was sliding down the bannister as well.

"That was fun." Julianna said with a half-grin on her face and now, she was standing up on her good leg again and Taylor was rejoining her. "Come on, we've got a meeting to get to." Julianna reminded Taylor, who grumbled at the words as they were walking quickly over to the meeting as a pair. A strange-looking one, at that.

"Remind me why I'm here again? I hate meetings." Taylor pointed out as she was joining the others, leaning against the wall not far from Shatter and Sonya, who were trying to talk down Marcos from doing something extremely stupid.

"You're here again, despite your hatred of meetings because your roar is extremely useful for bringing attention to whoever is trying to speak." John pointed out and Taylor jumped, having not seen him from where he was leaning against the opposite wall. "Did you want to test the theory?" John asked and Taylor grinned, before she snapped her jaw open and she roared.

The other mutants all turned to her and Shatter had his hands over his ears. Unfortunately for him, he had been right next to Taylor when she had roared. "Oh, sorry Shatter." Taylor said and he was gingerly taking his hands off of his head.

"Well, at least we know your voice still works. Although how it does with your rather constant and consistent roaring is beyond me." Shatter replied with a grin and Taylor was relieved to see that he wasn't angry at her for the noise, but she was about to be bothered by all of the noise.

Not that she knew it ahead of time, or else she would have run out of the meeting a long time before then or wouldn't have shown up at all. "So, what, we just forget about Lorna just 'cause she's behind bars?" Marcos shouted at John and the others as Julianna reached over and she was squeezing one of Taylor's hands tightly, as the other young woman was trembling.

"You know that's not what I'm saying." John protested, his voice a lot less loud compared to Marcos but everybody knew that could change with a snap of a finger if somebody pushed him in the wrong direction. Most of them had seen it at least once, most of them standing in their small meeting circle as well.

"Well, God only knows what she's going through in there!" Marcos shouted back at him.

"I know what she's going through." Julianna stated and the shouting abruptly stopped at the sound of her voice as they all turned around to look at her, their voices falling silent. "We can't just leave Lorna in there, Marcos, you're right." She said as she was standing up, silently looking at him. "But we also can't just go blazing in. All of us will die if we do or worse, we'll be captured and exposed to all sorts of experiments that will make us only wish that we were dying." She said as she was shaking her head.

"So, whose side are you on here?" Marcos asked of her rather icily, his tone of voice freezing cold, and now he was staring at Julianna, who was twisting the pair of rings that were on her left ring finger and she was shaking her head.

"I'm sorry, Marcos. But we really do need a plan before we just go running into a fight that we can't possibly win." Julianna reminded him and Marcos was trembling with rage at the words as his hands were glowing. "I agree with John." She said.

"I never thought that I would see a day, when Julianna Madison would prove herself to be a coward." Julianna spun around and hit him hard and then, Marcos's nose had broken with an audible crack and Julianna stared at him.