Chapter 8

Chapter 8

We have embarked the start of the weekend conference for Vangeli’s church purposes, and I as promised and upon agreement with him that I will go with him to Mpumalanga. The journey seemed just to be the long one most especially I have not been in a long car drive from home going somewhere else, so I was out to be tired already. 

“Are we getting where we are going yet?”, I think is the third time I have been asking the same thing. 

I am just tired, and I tend to be a bit cranky when I don’t want to be somewhere. It was all nice and fun when we were off on the road at the start of the trip. It was nice then when I was already happy that we are going to another province together, but I soon got tired rather too quickly if you ask me, that is why I am annoying at this moment right now. 

“Yes, we are only 5 minutes away”, that really sounds like music to my ears. 

“I hope I get some sleep a bit, maybe a nap”, I say. 

“At 6 we have a dinner with some of the other pastors”, he says, and I look at him.

“We are going together, right?”, he nods his head. 

“Some of them will be there with their wives so I think we should go together”

“Okay, what time is it now?”, I ask. 

He checks his wristwatch and glances at me before looking onto the road. 

“It’s almost 1 O’clock”, he says. 

“That means I will have to wake up at 3”, I say. 

“Don’t worry, we will come back early when you feel tired”, I nod my head. 

Soon enough we get to the hotel, and he gets a parking spot before we get put of the car and I finally have the chance to have a proper stretch. After that we get our bags and I made sure to pack enough just in case, you know that you can never trust the weather at any place at all. After getting our things Vangeli locks the car and we make our way inside to check. 

We got our room numbers and keys too and knowing this man I saw this coming from a mile away, the us sleeping in separate bedrooms though he assures me that he got us the penthouse like room so that we can be at least close enough to each other which is helpful too, I mean that is the closest thing we can have from sharing a room with each other. 

We get to the lift, and it takes us up to the place, he is the first one to come out of the elevator and I look around the room. it was not as much as I thought it would be but everything, we would need for this weekend is here. Truly here and at this moment all I can think about is getting some sleep. We move to the bedrooms and finally found a room I will sleep in. I tell Vangeli to wake me up at 3 so that I can prepare while he said he is preparing for his little sermon slot that he will have on Saturday. 

While we were coming here, he told me that he was invited with his father, but his father let him go and said he will stay this one out and mina? I just came out of no where and was invited to the event by him. 

One thing my mother made sure off is that I have enough clothes that would make me look well around Vangeli and do not look anything else less than that. To me it was the getting to buy clothes without using my own money that was the motive behind this shopping with my mother and it has worked out for the both of us I believe. 

I close the bedroom door and strip off my clothes get into my silk gown before I get into bed and take my young nap. 

.

The knock on my door is what has woken me up from my enjoyable sleep. The soft yet heard ‘Unami’ call was what I heard more than the light knock. I get off the bed and rub my face before I check my phone and see a missed call from my mother and one from Vangeli even though we are in the same place together. I rub my nose before making my way to the door and open it to meet him almost done with getting prepared with dressing up, the only thing missing are the shoes on his feet and him to button his shirt properly then he is going to be done. I know that he just woke me up an hour later than the time I had intended on waking up and now he will have to wait for me to finish getting ready as I take my time while doing that.