Chapter 10

Chapter 10

3 months later…

 “…We thank you father for this day and having to wake up and be alive, we thank you for your mercy and glory upon our lives and we thank you for the love you have for us. May you continue being in our day to day lives and touch in places that we cannot reach. May you be the one to lead in everything we do in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit amen”,I open my eyes and look around my room and my cousins look at me. 

“Amen”, I say through the phone, and I sigh. 

Today is my lobola negotiations and finally the day has come, and I am quite nervous I will not lie. Vangeli and I have been talking about the type of wedding we are looking for and all I know is that all the traditional stuff that involve slaughtering is what we are not going to be doing. The part where kumele kuchitwe inyongo(Where bile of an animal is spilt) is not happening I would assume. The negotiations are happening now because we wanted to have it during the same time we will have the wedding done so that everything goes smoothly. The church is obviously invited and my friends from Cape Town are coming down for my wedding of which is happening tomorrow.

“How are you feeling now?”, he asks. 

It has been over now 6 months since Vangeli, and I got close, and I would say with a bit of time I am improving with my journey in this believing thing, and we pray together now during the times he prays. Trust me I also say something too when I pray for the both of us. I think this growing in Christ together thing makes me love it too. 

“I am still nervous”, I say. 

“Don’t worry, I know everything will go smoothly”, he says. 

“You know that how?”

“Because tomorrow is our wedding day”, I am really getting hell ‘nervous 

“Okay, are you going to the hotel today or tomorrow?”, I ask. 

“I will arrive tomorrow morning”

“Okay, I have to call the wedding planner and see if everything is ready”, I see. 

“Do not worry much, everything will be okay”

“Okay”, I hear a knock on my door. 

It would’ve been better if Vangeli is here, but he is not here. I just feel like vomiting too. 

The bedroom door opens and my mother walks in with my Mam’ncane. I hope that my mother’s brothers didn’t ruin things for me. 

“Everything is done, it went okay”, I feel relief wash over me. 

I drop the call and rush to hug my mother. 

“Thank you”

“I am not realizing that I don’t want to let you go so early”, she says. 

“Don’t worry ma I will be okay”

She holds onto me tightly and I do the same for a while, we let each other go and she wipes her tears and mine too before she gives me a kiss on the lips. I understand how my mother is feeling. I am her only child and now I am to be gone and be some else’s husband. 

“We should start get going”, my aunt says. 

Yes we are supposed to go and sleep at the hotel. My wedding will be in uMhlanga with the beach view behind and the theme of my wedding is white and rose gold. I want it to be simple and also this wedding will have a lot of guests. I am getting the wedding of my dreams too; I hope everything is as beautiful and I trust the wedding planner has pulled everything that needed to be done. I have to do my hair and nails and my lashes are already done just my nails and hair. The hair will be done in the morning of the wedding and the wedding will start in the afternoon so that we will have a sunset wedding. That is what I want the most more than anything and believe that everything will look beautiful then.