Chapter 28

Chapter 28

The taking over the church has already started as Mr and Mrs Ngubane took a 3 week vacation to travel to Israel then go through to England then Egypt. Ask me why they are going there and I wouldn’t be able to tell you. this baby here in my stomach is hindering us from taking our honeymoon. Well Vangeli doesn’t mind if we go now but I do mind. I mean I want to have bikini pictures and how will I have those if my baby bump is there. Well I am being a bit dramatic, its not that visible but it is there if I am bare.

It has been a few months since Pastor Zikalala was arrested and to our happiness too. Asanele is just 5 to 6 months if I am not mistaken and she is blowing up. I am just a few weeks behind her. My health has been okay and I have been really taking good care of myself too just so that I do not experience anything while I am pregnant. I love my pregnancy but also I am envious of the baby bump Asanele has because mine is small and you would think I am still in the first trimester when I am in my second.

I have not experienced much of morning sicknesses but the crying, boy it is getting worse and Vangeli doesn’t know how to handle me at times. I just , I don’t know how to handle myself too but my husband is gentle.

I am visiting my husband in his work place. He has been working from home most of the times and today he said he wants to be outside and work in the office so here I am bringing some lunch that I cooked and I have improved in my cooking skills because I am always on cooking channels or youtube craving for the next best thing I can make.

I knock on the door as it is open and he looks up from his laptop and he smiles, stands up from his chair as I make my way inside.

“You look sexy when you are workinh Ngubane”, he blushes.

I like the shy him,it makes me feel like I knock him off his feet or something.

“You drove here?’, he asks and I nod my head.

Yes I got my very own car! I was so happy when I got it, I couldn’t stop myself from not travelling everywhere I know.

Vangeli was skeptical with getting the car for me now considering that I am pregnant and when I say ngiyazula ayi ngiyazula shame( I travel around, I travel around).

The church meetings are regular now than before since we are holding the fort and so far, it is not going so well. Some of the old grannies in the women’s minestry are not in line with me and Asanda’s mother being one of those grannies, at some point I feel like exploding and I am very short tempered lately so they are testing me.

“Yes”, I say.

He doesn’t like it and it is visible on his face that he is not happy that I drove here but how am I supposed to come here if I don’t drive myself here.

I get to him and place the container on the table and wrap my arms around his waist. He bends his head just to look at me.

“I know you will say something but baby I missed you”

“You can call me and I will drop work just to be with you”,he says.

“I know but being cooped inside the house and travelling between there and church can get tiring for me”, I say

He kisses my forehead and I unwrap my arms from his body.

“How is church going?”, he asks this for the , I don’t know time since we started holding things together since his parents went on a travelling spree.

“It is, I don’t know how to comment on that”, I say as he opens the lunch box and gets the wrap and takes a bun before licking the sauce off his lips.