Chapter 21

Chapter 21

ASANDA

As promised my mother and I embarked on the journey to go and see Unami, I am not happy with this but we are also church members and it would be a good image if we go there and show our faces especially considering my position within the church as well. 

“Do you think we should’ve gotten something?”, I ask my mother as we are walking through the hospital corridors going to her ward. 

“No, our time and prayers are enough”, she says and I just nod. 

I am close with my mother more than I am with my father but my parents love me and it has always been something that I had never lacked from them. 

We near the ward and I breathe in and out before we make our way inside and my mother stops her tracks so as I behind her when I see Asanele seated on the chair next to Unami who is looking at us with a small smile. 

“Sanibonani ma”,Unami says. 

“Hello my child, how are you?”, my mother asks and ignores Asanele’s presence. 

She has casted her eyes on the floor, she stands up and moves away from the chair and my mother goes and sits there. 

“I have to go sisi.”,Asanele says. 

“I am sure Vangeli and Mkhulu will be back now, you can wait for him to come back”, she says. 

Oh now she is friends with Vangeli, I look at her. 

“I will wait outside, I have to make a call”, she quickly rushes out of the room and I follow after her and hold her arm. 

“What did you say to Vangeli and Unami?”, I ask. 

“Why would you like to know, its not like you care anyway”

“I will slap you, I am older than you”

“Oh don’t sing that to me Asanda”, she says and I click my tongue when I see Vangeli and his friend coming. 

It’s people like them that I want to associate myself with them. I remember his friend who comes from time to time to church and he is Vangeli’s best friend. The richest one as his father is overseas from what I heard working a great job too. 

“Oh Asanda we don’t know you at church anymore”,Vangeli says and I smile. 

“I have been not well”

“Oh, your mother didn’t tell us, we could’ve came to share some prayer with you.”, he says., 

The lord knows how much I love this man. 

“I am fine now all thanks to God, I am here to see our Mamfundisi junior”

“Oh that is kind of you”, his friend scoffs and I look at him. 

He seems to not like me or am I just reading his expression wrong?

“Bafo we are leaving now, we don’t want to keep Langa with the nanny for too long”, his friend says and I frown. 

Asanele says her goodbyes to Vangeli and goes to Vangeli’s friend.

“Okay, thank you for coming, you guys should visit soon. Unami would love that”, he says. 

“My woman and I will”, his friend says and he holds Asanele’s hand and asks her if she is ready to leave and she nods. 

They walk away from us and I frown. This is a whole different level of being a hoe. 

“Vangeli isn’t your friend married?”, I ask. 

“He was, he is divorced. Way before your sister and him started dating”, he says and I have my mouth agape.