Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“I know that we haven’t talked much about this but I think this would be a very great opportunity for the children. We might even get some sponsorship”, I say seated infront of this man as he is behind the table looking at me. I have my legs crossed just so that I can sit well. 

After Vangeli told me that he talked to Mkhulu and they would be delighted if my kids were there to do their performance but then I cannot go through the idea with them if I have not gotten some permission from the principal. Its his kids and his school too. 

He goes around the table and he comes and looks at me standing before me before he speaks. 

“I understand what you are saying but this is short notice and there are a lot of precautions that should be taken in this”,he says and I sigh. 

“I understand”,I say. 

“Unless..”, he pauses. Then looks at me which gets me a bit uncomfortable. 

“Unless?”

“Unless I get to have some dinner with you as appreciation”

“No thank you, my husband would not like that”

“Would you?”, he raises his brow. 

“Breka nje thishomkhulu( Slow down principal) We are not friends and we are here for professional reasons, do you have dinners with female teachers who work here? No and you don’t want to get on my bad side and you are not my type if you are trying your luck thank you”, I stood up and grab my bag. 

“I didn’t mean it in that way Miss Biyela”, he holds my waist and I hit his hands. 

“Don’t touch me with your dry hands and it is Mrs Ngubane to you please respect me. I am not your type even”, I say. 

“So what is it going to be? You came here desperate to teach these kids with no place”

“And I will open my place and my husband can even donate his change to fix up this school since you like to pocket the money the government supplies, nx!”

I walk out of the office and stomp my way out. Haibo this man really wants to test me. I take out my phone and call Vangeli. It is something I have gotten used to that at any inconvenience I call him especially when I am angry he just has a way of being calm too. 

“Sthandwa sami”,he answers so sweetly. 

“I am having a bad day”, I start to feel emotional thinking about those kids. I enjoy working with them and thus scum that smells of rotten feet decided to be a scum. 

Has he never heard that you get bad luck from hitting on other people’s wives?

“What is wrong baby?”

“I will uber to your work place so that I can tell you everything”, I say. 

“Okay, just use my card”.i was going to use it anyway. 

“Thank you”

“I will be in a meeting when you arrive so I will find you in my office”, he says. 

“Okay then”

We hang up and I get an uber and it comes quickly and takes me to Vangeli’s work place. I get there and greet the receptionist before I go to his office and it is filled with his scent. I get inside and take off my shoes before I sit on his chair and spin around the office too. I see our wedding picture framed and placed on his table. I didn’t know about this and I thought the wedding content will not be available until after two weeks. I take the framed photo and look at it for a while before the door opens and he walks in and I put away the photo and turn to him.