Chapter 27

Chapter 27

ASANELE

My parents have been trying to reach me even Asanda as well and I do not want to talk to them at the moment. Mkhulu’s mother is coming to visit. Apparently she doesn’t want to be alone for some time being and its best she comes and visits. I don’t know how I feel. Well a bit uncomfortable considering the fact that I am co-habiting with her son which is wrong in the eyes of the lord and she is a church goer so this will look bad too. I haven’t known her that much but I know that I still do not want to leave a bad impression on her. That is what I do not want.

My main concern lately is Lelami. No she is not going through something but just that when the trial starts she will get exposed to some things I don’t wish for her to know at the moment but she will know eventually. It has been just two days since pastor Zikalala had been arrested and the Ngubane’s have been nothing but supportive towards me and would check if I am well from time to time. Unami married into a good family, that is what I can say.

I am in the kitchen making a sandwich and Lelami is at school. She will be closing soon for the holiday’s and I cannot wait. I think she is more excited about changing schools next year more than anything as she hasn’t been giving us a chance to even think of something else either than her new school.

She has also made friends. Well I would say she is going to have new friends. A friend of Mkhululi is having a birthday party for his child and she has been invited. She is excited for it as she has never really attended any party before and the fact that we will be there also puts me at much ease too.

I finish making my sandwich and I make my way to the living room and I sit down and turn on the tv and watch something that I like. Maybe a reality show would seem better.

My phone rings just as I am about to indulge in my food and I take it. It’s Asanda. They cannot give up even when they wanted to but a part of me wants to hear what they have to say now. I answer it.

“Hello”

“Asa how are you?”, she asks.

Well that is nice of her to say.

“Uhm, I am okay”

“Mah and baba have been trying to call you”

“I saw it”

“Oh”

She keeps quiet and I do the same.

“I am sorry of the way I have been treating you”

“Why the change of heart Asanda?”

“It’s just that I realized my mistake”

“And that is?”

“Concerning you and Lelami”, she says.

“I have long forgave you guys its just that I would never forget what you had put me and my daughter through but I am glad you are apologizing whether it’s genuine or not I do not care.”

“Can we meet up?Mom and dad want to talk to you”

“No thank you, I don’t want any stress”, I say.

“You do know co-habiting is wrong”

“I know, don’t worry yourself about my bad ways keep on being the good girl you have always been”, I say and hang up after that.

I sigh and throw my phone on the other side of the couch. I am going to get fat if I don’t watch the way I am eating as I am stuffing my face rather too much too. The door opens as I am sipping on my beverage and Mkhululi walks in and he smiles when he sees me.