Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Landing in the airport did bring peace to me. I wanted to call my mother as soon as we landed as I wanted to hear her voice more than anything. We got out of the airport and then we had to travel in the car. We flew back yesterday to the country and arrived this morning and we flew down to Durban and now we are on our way going home. I haven’t felt this peaceful within me in a while and it brings so much peace within me. I thank God that he has protected me and he has brought me back home. There are only 3 of us in the car and the both of these men are seated in the front. I have came to see that they get along very well I guess. They might be siblings too. The driver whom I have came to knowing the name as Khulekani has been the one that has been much talkative than Zithulele. He is awfully quiet and only speaks when spoken to.

“Can I call my mother?”, I say softly.

They turn back to look at me and then Zithulele hands his phone to me and I thank him. I take it and It doesn’t have a password, I dial my mother’s number and it rings a few times before it is answered.

“Hello”

“Mama, its me. Unami”, I say feeling emotional.

“Nami?oh mntanami where are you?”, she asks.

“I am… I will be home soon, I miss you”, tears form in my eyes that moment.

“Oh come home mntanami. I love you so much”, she says.

“I love you too mama”, I say.

“Okay, I will see you”, I hang up the call and give the phone back.

“Don’t you want to call your husband?”, Zithulele asks.

“I am sure he is sill praying, we don’t want to disturb him”, Khulekani says.

“Khulekani!”

“I am sorry Mamfundisi right?”

“Don’t mind him, ubuye abe noqhwi(He looses his mind sometimes)’, Zithulele says.

“Mmh”, I dial Vangeli’s number and it rings a few times before it is answered.

“I told you that you shouldn’t bother calling me again”

“Its Unami”, I say and there is silence.

“Unami?Where are you? I knew that he took you”, he says.

“Please meet me at my mother’s house”, I say.

“I will be there with the police soon, don’t worry”, he says.

I keep quiet and look at them.

“Okay”, I say.

“I will be there, hang on”, he says and the line goes dead.

I give the phone to Zithulele and he takes it.

“I will call baba”,Khulekani says.

“Don’t”

“He needs to tame his brother and his child.”, Khulekani says.

Zithulele keeps quiet. I knew they are siblings of some sort, baba is their dad.

I tell them where my home is and they drive there. We get there and already there are cars and a police van there. My heart is beating fast. We get out of the car and they stand there.

“You can go, we are leaving”,Zithule says as he places his hands in his pockets and leans against the car.

“Thank you, for everything”, I say.