Chapter 32

Chapter 32

“I am hungry”, I say as I feel like I can eat anything at the moment forgetting that I was just sick a few days ago.

Vangeli looks at me from his laptop and he nods his head.

“Okay, let’s go and have lunch”

“Can I have some desert too?”, I ask.

The look on his face is telling me that I am about to receive my no answer.

“Please”

“But you were sick not so long ago”

”I know, the child is craving it”, I say.

“Baby this could lead to diabetes you have to be careful”, I keep quiet.

He gets up from the chair and takes his phone and car keys.

“Come let’s go and maybe we can get you a bagel”, might as well give me dry bread instead.

“Baby that’s not even nice”

“It’s better”

“I hate you for this”, he smiles.

He is enjoying this.

We make out way out of the church and go to the car. We get inside and then he drives off going to where we will have some lunch. I was tired of just sitting in there not doing anything and I also wanted to just get out since I will not be meeting with the worship team today.

Honestly speaking, I cannot wait for my in laws to come back and get back in their duties, I cannot keep up anymore much I say because I just feel tired out of the blue and can’t be as active as I really want to be. Even I have given birth, I do not think that I will be able to juggle a new born baby as well being a first time mother and a newly wed and now the congregation. I feel like it is all a bit too much. Yes I am enjoying my marriage with Vangeli but it also feels like we are not given enough time to enjoy each other’s space and enjoy our pregancy and also getting to enjoy our first child together.

Am I being dramatic?Do you think I am dramatic?Maybe a little but you understand what I mean. Anyway.

I play some of Vangeli’s Bossa Nova music and he starts tapping on the steering wheel.

“Is there sea food wherever we are going?”, I ask.

He turns to me.

“You want some sea food?”, he asks.

“Yes, I saw a chinese Asmr while we are there and I just craved some”

“Didn’t you say that you are going to stopwatching those disturbing things?”

”Baby I don’t watch the creepy ones”

“They are all creepy Unami, no one is better”

“Hawu baby I was even thinking of starting my own Youtube channel for it”, he gives me a look.

He is not approviong of it.

“Kungathi umuntu kumele aqinise isandla manje(I think someone needs to come up with anither driving force?)”

”Meaning?”, he keeps quite.

As much as I like it when Vangeli is quiet while I talk but right now I wish he could clearify what he really means.

ASANELE

My mother had just called to tell me that my father has told my uncles that this Saturday Mkhululi’s family is coming to pay for Lelami and I. I really am nervous honestly. I have never been proposed before, lied too about marriage yes, yes I have experienced that when a man tried to get into my pants and it didn’t work.