Chapter 40

Chapter 40

I have been here for far too long now and I am still hopeful that I will get out of here and Vangeli and the police are somewhat closer to finding me. I miss my son the most. Has he eaten? Well I know he has but I would’ve loved to feel him suckle on my breasts for the first time as I hold him in my arms but I am sure he is all grown now. It has been a month since I have been with this man and some days are okay than other days, I have been trying to atleast get some way to get in contact with someone but I can’t. he has two phones, a red small phone and another bigger one that is your normal phone.

I am seated on the little couch that is in this apartment that we are in. I look at him as he stands infront of the mirror getting ready to go out and get some little groceries of the things that we are short of here. I am not allowed to do anything and I have tried screaming before and I received a hiding of my life, I am scared of this man that he might kill me one day.

“How do I look?”, he turns around and I look at him.

“Okay”

“Don’t I look good?”, he asks.

“You do”, I say softly and he comes towards me and he looks at me.

“If you behave I will make some food for you okay?”, I nod my head.

He also uses depriving me food as a punishment too ontop of the hidings I get.

“I love you okay?”, just nod my head.

I don’t want to cry, I have cried enough while praying. I hope God sees me through, sees my family through. If I die atleast I want them to find some closure of atleast burying me and I hope they find me.

He takes his things and he grabs the keys.

“Behave okay?”, I nod my head.

He blows a kiss my way before he goes to the door and he goes out then he locks it. I wallow myself on that couch and I am really hungry, I cant even open the cupboards to get some food because he locked them so that I do not even gain some access to them when he is not here. I make my way to the window and watch as the street is quiet and only a few people are seen walking dogs and some are just going about their day. The winter here has entered so it does get cold than back home. I move from the window after some time and make my way to the bedroom. I want to try and get some sleep while he is gone and rest well. I can’t sleep well when he has his arms around me. I feel like biting him at times just for him to let me go but I don’t do it. I get to the room and fix the pillow and I see something under the pillow. I pull it up and it is a phone. I look at it and it’s the red small one. I quickly take it and I sit on the bed and think of Vangeli, I quickly dial his number and it rings a few times before it goes off. I look back trying to see if this man is not back maybe to come and look for it. I make the call again it rings again and this time it gets answered.

“Hello”, a voice says

“Vangeli, it’s me. I am out of the country. Ayanda is the one who took me please help me”, I quickly say.

“Unami? Where are you?”

“I don’t know, I don’t know this place. I am locked up”, I say.

“Can you see the outside?”, I get off the bed and rush to the window.

“Yes”

“What do you see?”

I tell him what I see.

“Okay, don’t worry. I will be there okay?”, he says and I nod my head. I look back.

“Yes”, I hear the door opening and I quickly cut the call and I rush to put the phone where it was and got on the bed.