Chapter 16

Chapter 16

ASANELE

We have left home and I have decided to go out with my daughter right after I took her to the doctor and he gave her some medication he said it is not something serious and I was happy that I was able to take her to the doctor just to ease my concious. Now we are at the mall and I am dreading the talk with Mkhulu,he asked that we meet up and talk about the issue at hand, well he didn’t mention my daughter being an issue he just said that we should meet up and that we need to talk so here I am walking in Spur and I am offered a menu but I mention that I am meeting someone who is already waiting for me. Once I get inside I make my way to find him and Lelami is immediately fascinated by the play area. This is her first time coming over to spur. I know that I haven’t had the best jobs in the past but I spoilt my daughter whenever I could and my spoiling restaurant? Franchise stopped at Mc Donald. She doesn’t play outside with other children or go and visit anyone so she is always alone unless she is at school but besides that she is all alone most of the time. 

I am being overprotective of my daughter and I wouldn’t want a mistake of her getting through harm’s way like I did. 

“Mama can I go and play?”, she asks. 

“You are not feeling well nje?”, she looks at me. 

“Please”

“Okay but only for a short while. I will go with you”, she nods her head. 

She knows it. When she wants to play she only goes with me. I see him seated and he seems to be on his phone and it doesn’t seem like it is a pleasant conversation. I breathe in and out before I approach him and he drops the call and gets off the seat and I swallow shying away from his eyes. 

“Hey”, he says and I let out a low Hi. 

He looks at my daughter and he crouches to her level and I pull her closer to me and hold her tightly. 

“Hi”, he says softly to her. 

Lelami keeps quiet and doesn’t talk. He gets up and then he asks that we sit down. 

“Mama can I go and play?”, Lelami asks softly. 

“You will after eating.”

“She can go now and after eating too”, I look at Mkhulu and sigh. 

“Okay come”, I say and I get off my seat and take my bag. 

“You are leaving?”

“I am going to watch over her”, I say and he stands up as well. 

“Okay”, I sigh before we go to the play area and as soon as we get in Lelami let’s go of my hand and I crouch to her level. 

“I will be watching you okay?Shout if have any problems”, I say. 

“I know”, I nod my head and she rushes off and goes to play. 

“You are a great mother”, I hear him say behind me and I stand up and swallow. 

“T-Thank you”, I say. 

“Why didn’t you tell me you have a child?”,he asks. 

“Would it matter and I don’t want to involve my child in this”

“You are not involving her but knowing would be okay. Do you know why I asked you if you are a virgin?”, he asks and I look at him.

“No”

“I thought you were one still did until this morning when you mentioned your daughter”, he says and I keep quiet. 

He stands closer to me and I look at him and he looks at me too.