Chapter 25

Chapter 25

UNAMINJALO

It’s Saturday today and we are having lunch with my family and also Vangeli’s family. We have decided to tell them the news that I am pregnant. Yesterday I went to the doctor and so far things are going good and I am just a few weeks pregnant. A part of me now cannot wait when I start showing and my belly is all out there for everyone to see. Vangeli hired a catering company that will be cooking the food for us and I know that I am not thee best cook but I can cook great meals not for a large crowd though. Sometimes when I didn’t want to cook I would not cook well so that my mother would tell me that I shouldn’t cook anymore.

Here I am busy in the main bedroom fixing myself and checking if I atleast look any decent and I really do. I have the pictures from the scan we went to and I bought a small gift box and placed baby shoes and the scan. I don’t know, I saw that on social media. Niyangazi phela entweni ezinhle angisali(You know me, in beautiful thing I don’t fall behind).

The bedroom door opens and Vangeli peaks his head in. He has been quiet nervous lately about the sermon on Sunday mainly because he will be part of those who will be delivering something to the church. He is not one to be nervous so I am worried about him lately.

“People have arrived and so as your mother”, he says.

“Come in please”, he dies come inside and closes the door behind him.

I wrap my arms around his waist.

“You seem nervous lately”, I say.

“This is big, we will be exposing a well known pastor not only that but also the suffering of every female he has tormented at church.”, he says.

“Are you scared that people might leave church?”

“We can’t control that. Church is not a business unlike customers its there for people to connect with God and if they leave it’s okay.”

He just has the answer for everything.

“I am sorry for putting you in this position”

He places his hands on my face.

“Don’t be sorry ever okay? I will do anything to protect you and the baby”, he says.

“I love you”, I say.

“I love you more”, he plays a perk on my lips then pulls away.

“Let’s go and not keep anyone waiting”, he says and I nod my head.

I take the gift box and we walk out. My mother is the first person to see me. I quickly rush to her and get a hug and she hugs me tightly too.

“You are looking healthy and chubby too”,she says.

“I am getting fat?”

“Not really”, she quickly says and I nod.

“How have you been feeling?”,she asks.

“I have been feeling much better”

“That’s good to hear Unami, God is good”, Mrs Ngubane says.

“All the time”, my mother mentions.

I move from my mother and go to my mother in law and share a hug with her and then I greet my father in law. We then move to the dining room and the table has already been set. It is just the 5 of us and nothing more. I don’t know why Vangeli had to hire a lot of people just for us to have a meal, I would’ve understood if maybe more people were here but I didn’t question him but let him be. He sits next to me and now I am feeling more nervous than I did before and it scares me at the moment mainly because we really didn’t expect to have a baby so soon in our marriage. Well I didn’t expect to have a child so soon in my marriage.