Chapter 36

Chapter 36

ZITHULELE

I park the car just by the verander and I kill the engine and rest my head on the steering wheel as I feel the cool air from the air conditioner hitting me quiet well from the sweating I was experiencing when I left the hospital. I hold onto the steering wheel for some time. Still the uneasy feeling is there and it doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t know what is happening but it seems like something is going to happen and I don’t know what it is. The knock on my car window makes me rise my head up and see my mother standing by the car wearing one of her favourite flowered dresses with a sun hat on and her gardening gloves too. I take off the seatbelt and open the car door as she steps back and she looks at me with concern all over her face.

“Are you okay?Why are you home early?”, she asks.

Around this time I am either still at the office or I am somewhere heading to the city to have some drinks with a friend or with Philile taking her around town as she wants something.

“I am not okay”, I say softly and then I get out of the car.

She steps back and watches me move away from the car before she follows after me pulling her dress up a bit as the yellow garden boots seem too heavy for her.

They are, they are my father’s just by the size I could tell. She has the same colour boots just that she is a size 6 than a 9.

I get inside my room and she follows inside.

“What did your father say?”, she asked.

“I don’t know what it is anymore. I just have these pains on my shoulders and these funny voices in my head and I am just tired. I can’t even sleep. Bayangiloya(They are bewitching me)”, I say and she gasps.

Yes I know. It could be anyone at the moment.

“No one is bewitching you,Ngqangeni would’ve warned us when you last saw him. “

“Then ma how can we explain all of this?”

“You might be finding your soulmate soon”, I sigh and sit on the bed and she sits next to me.

“Your father, when I first met him you know what he told me? That I am what he feels like he has been missing. I believe that your father is my soulmate”, she smiles.

She loves that old thing.

“Some people do find them some don’t now you will be lucky to find yours, it Is better if you find her on time. These things can get worse from what I heard especially in your family”,I don’t believe this but I will not say anything.

“Okay”

“Rest, I will come and check on you. do you need anything?”, I shake my head and she stands up and leaves the room. I lay down on the bed and sigh then close my eyes.

----------

My phone is ringing while I am in the shower. I was able to close my eyes for atleast 3 hours and that is better than nothing at all, also I think my mother’s presence for that moment was what helped me atleast rest. I close the shower water and get out of the shower still wet, I go to the basket and grab my phone then a towel from the little rail I have in the bathroom and I wipe my hands before I answer it.

“Hello”

“Sthandwa sami, I am outside the gate, we need to talk”, its Philile.

“Philile I thought siqedile ngalento…(We are done with…)”, she disturbs me from speaking.

“You spoke Zithule, I didn’t. come out or ngizongena( I will get in)”, she says and hangs up.

I cuss under my breath. This woman is testing me when already I am not in the mood for anything. I wipe my body and I go out of the bathroom. I grab a short and vest and put it on then wear my slides too. I grab the gate remote and walk out of my room. I don’t see MaMkhwanazi at her garden so I assume that she is inside the house.