Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Vangeli came to fetch me and I was calmer when he arrived. Well my mother got me to calm down and as soon as they said that he was here I didn’t even waste any time but left home and left with him. When we got to the house the first thing I did was to sleep because I felt very tired and warey at the same time too. All the crying I have done in one day has drained me a lot. 

I woke up just a few hours later and Vangeli was next to me reading his bible when I woke up. He takes a glance at me and he closes his bible and put it aside. 

“What time is it?”, I ask.

“It’s just right after 8 pm”, he says and I move closer to him and he lets me be. 

“The hormones are having a bad effect on you”, I shoot him a look and he keeps quiet. 

“Is Mkhulu and Asanele coming this Sunday to church?”

“I have not spoken to Mkhulu about that”, he says. 

“You should. They are equally as important with being there”

“I know but will Asanele feel comfortable coming to church?”

Yes he is right about that. 

“There is only one way to find out then”, I say looking at him and he nods. 

I sigh and get off the bed and I go to the ensuite bathroom to open some bath water for me so that I can bath. I get to do my business in the bathroom before I got out and found Vangeli back to reading the bible. 

“Do you want to join me for a bath?”, I ask. 

He closes the bible and places it aside before he smiles.

“Yes I would love to”

“Okay, come then”

“Are you not hungry?”,he asks. 

“Yes I am but I want to bath first”

“Okay”, he gets off the bed and he follows me to the bathroom. We get inside and I take off my clothes and so does he with his. 

I close the bathwater and get it luke warm before I get inside and he joins me too. 

“Your mother called to check if you are okay while you were still asleep”

“I am, I am fine now”

“Why were you crying?”,he asks. 

He wouldn’t understand but I tell him any way and he listens. That’s one thing I love about Vangeli it is the fact that he listens to everything I spew and that just makes me feel good because at times I do like speaking a lot and he listens without complaining at all. 

“I hear you but baby put yourself in her position too”, he says. 

“I get that but…”

“No buts Unami, it wasn’t easy for her to tell you.Not that she didn’t trust you but because she didn’t know how you would react and your reaction is never guaranteed”, he says and I sigh. 

“I guess you are right then”, he nods his head and then he starts bathing me and I do the same with him. 

“Maybe I was a bit dramatic”

“You should call your friend and hear from her and not your uncle now”, he says. 

“You are such a great man. I love you”, he smiles and shy’s away. 

“Thank you”

I should call Ntando so that we can meet up. I don’t want to be the selfish friend but want to hear her input. Though I felt hurt that moment but this is not about me but about her at the moment and I have to hear from her how she really feels about everything that is going on.